ARF Techno Q

T

Terrance James

I have a client with a Net ARF - we are transferring part of this to a Gross ARF which is permitted. Does know if it is possible to transfer back ie from a Gross to a Net ARF - I cannot find anything in the legisilation to prevent it

Thanks

If this is not a wind up then it's a bit scary - a pension professional who is presumably being remunerated by the client posting to AAM for advice on behalf of the client. Maybe the client should cut out the middle man and come here directly? :lol

Thanks frequent poster

I must have got the purpose of this site wrong - is it for sharing ideas or not?

I take it that your incapable of answering the question so!

You could learn something if you bothered to help - bloody amateur

Re: Thanks frequent poster

You could learn something if you bothered to help - bloody amateur

Great to see a professional in action. :lol

Thanks frequent user

Thats me told off - thanks

You wouldn't show us how to get those faces at the end would you - then my visit here wouldn't be a total waste!

Re: Personal criticism

Hi terrance james,

Your second post contravenes our posting guidelines. Please refrain from personal abuse.

regards
tedd

Re: Thanks frequent user

"BloodyAmateur" has a ring to it. I think I'll register and use that from now on. Thanks.

Manners

The test of good manners is to bear patiently with bad ones.

It would appear that O would prefer that you had lied in your original post. Posting questions under unregistered names by regular contributors is rampant on this website.

Unfortunately, like O, the rest of us do not know the answers to all of the questions all of the time. Your mistake was in your honesty.

As you have not received a reply at this stage you can assume that no one here has the answer and you should ring any of the pension provider companies and ask to speak to someone in technical services.

I suspect that......

......it's not possible and in the unlikely event that it is possible that it'll be difficult to find a QFM to take it on. I'd ring the Revenue or send them a mail (they do get back). I'd be interested as to why one would advise to switch and then switch back?

Thanks

Alan

Thanks for your notes - Im thinking of swtching from net to gross as the individuals circumstances have completly changed - they no longer want an income from their ARF and they are simply looking for capital growth - on the basis that this appears to be a long term objective I think that the Gross version makes more sense.

BUT if things change in the future it would be nice to retain the option to transfer back to a net ARF - the provider of the net arf will allow a partial transfer so Im suggesting that he leaves a lump sum in the net arf so as to leave the door open in the future if needs be. The question really is can I transfer funds back through this open door?

Not your run of the mill query I gather!!

Back