Anyone risking booking a foreign holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.
..taking offence..
Where did say I had taken personal offence?
the lone voice
All change starts with one voice.
The usage of boys/ girls here to refer to adults is common place
That doesn't make it a good thing to do.
...adults referring to themselves as boys or girls
On the contrary we are talking about adults referring to others in a diminutive form.
loaded, hate-filled term
Which was itself once considered "common place".

I'm still checking the airline websites daily.international has gone up again by €200.we are checking for November or march/April 2020.
We had domestic flights paid for 6 people overseas which cost us 26,000php.the same flights now can be bought for 17,000php so we might need too take 2 short domestic flights rather than just 1.

I'm still checking the airline websites daily.international has gone up again by €200.we are checking for November or march/April 2020.
We had domestic flights paid for 6 people overseas which cost us 26,000php.the same flights now can be bought for 17,000php so we might need too take 2 short domestic flights rather than just 1.

You post makes no sense :(

You post makes no sense :(

The route we booked for April has gone up in price by €200 euro.
We had booked internal domestic flights in the country we had planned on holidays in and they have dropped in price by nearly half.
We have vouchers for the full value that we paid so might need too take 2 domestic flights too use up the full value of the vouchers.

I herd a voxpop on Radio 1 this morning where a few true blue Dub's were heading to Amsterdam for a 2 or 3 days 'sightseeing'. Said they'd definitely self isolate for 14 days on their return! It didn't seem like work issues were a concern ;)

I heard this on playback. I assume RTÉ interview dozens but keep gems like these and the millennial for broadcast.
All change starts with one voice.

Isn’t that what Ted Kaczynski said?

Government have moved the decision date to 20 July at the earliest. I look forward to more Dublin Airport voxpops.

2nd holiday cancelled this year because of Covid 19.

We will miss not spending time on a Greek island this year.

Usually do a few different islands each year.So it's going to be odd 2020 holiday wise for us.

We chose Cyprus for May and Chania on Crete for our late one.

Rebooked Cyprus for next May and Rhdoes for Sept 21 ( thought we would have a good chance of the Rhodes one running )

I'm in a real quandry. Have flights booked for April and rebooked for early August and now looks like Portugal will not be on the green list. Right now I'm hoping Ryanair will cancel the flights again so I can get my money back with no loss of additional charges to change. I'm not sure if I will get to travel at all this year! [broken link removed]

Just back from 2 weeks in Marbella Spain. Everything went smoothly, however a few days ago the Spanish government voted that as of last Monday 13th July masks will have to be worn in all public places inside and out!!!!
Wearing a mask outside in that ferocious heat is unbearable!!!

I find that as someone who likes to take at least 4 overseas holidays a year I am struggling. Yes, I have been lucky and appreciate that I can afford to do this. I don't smoke and I am a light drinker. Don't spend money on cars, bling, golf, clothes etc

I am trying to justify to myself that the jobs that I am doing around the house or in the garden are needed.

I suppose that I can still research places to visit or visit those places that I was booked to visit this year. When on holidays I am sure that I will be able to avoid people and follow the rules. This can be done.

Airports and planes, buses to resorts are a real worry though.

And Prof Luke o Neill says that you will not be insured if you become sick from Covid abroad. If you end up in hospital you will face a bill for approx 20,000 euros and he said that apart from that you will not be welcomed there, as you will have brought the virus there..

I’ve a degree of sympathy for people.

They’re urged not to go abroad and to holiday in Ireland.

Then we’re surprised when places like Wexford, Cork, etc are busy.

There’s very little consistency in the messaging.

And 300 people on a beach isn’t that many if it’s a big beach.

Hi joer.I thought the EHIC insurance would cover you in Spain for Covid for public hospital emergency but not private hospital.

Hi joer.I thought the EHIC insurance would cover you in Spain for Covid for public hospital emergency but not private hospital.

As I understand it, it’s not really insurance despite what the name suggests; it’s just EU nations looking after EU citizens, no?

And Prof Luke o Neill says that you will not be insured if you become sick from Covid abroad. If you end up in hospital you will face a bill for approx 20,000 euros and he said that apart from that you will not be welcomed there, as you will have brought the virus there..
This is pure and utter scramongering of the highest degree - The DmcWs of the health worlds are alive and well in the hope that they are right on something..

As I understand it, it’s not really insurance despite what the name suggests; it’s just EU nations looking after EU citizens, no?

Yes you right.
I used EHIC card few years back when in Spain, they just took the number at the hospital and I had nothing else to pay.

I’ve a degree of sympathy for people.

They’re urged not to go abroad and to holiday in Ireland.

Then we’re surprised when places like Wexford, Cork, etc are busy.

There’s very little consistency in the messaging.

And 300 people on a beach isn’t that many if it’s a big beach.
Agreed Gordon. We're told that outdoors the risk is 19 times less than indoors. I do think some of the reporting is inconsistent and misguided. If we're told to holiday and home and if a lot of our activities at home are curtailed then isn't it obvious that those that are open, such as beaches, will be busier as a result.

apart from that you will not be welcomed there, as you will have brought the virus there..

Is it not more likely that you have a higher chance of picking up the virus abroad than bringing it there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back