Anyone risking booking a foreign holiday

joer

Frequent Poster
And what are you going to do if Covid visits all of Spain , will you move back ?

Bronte

Frequent Poster
Covid is everywhere including Ireland. But at least in Spain you have nice weather most of the time. It's highly unlikely I'll ever live in Ireland again just because of the weather. And if all the airlines go bust at least I can still go from one country to another.

joe sod

Frequent Poster
There is some animosity between holidaymakers and expats living in the resorts. Several travel forums and facebook are awash with lies regarding holiday resorts too.
But sure aren't most expats in Spain employed servicing other holiday makers from UK and elsewhere, they run many of the bars restaurants etc in the resort's therefore they are taking a direct hit from no holiday makers there. I would imagine they would be more anxious to get Spain opened up to holiday makers rather than the risk of covid. Of course the rich retirees not needing to work might be the ones over represented on those forums.

Cervelo

Frequent Poster
Covid is everywhere including Ireland. But at least in Spain you have nice weather most of the time.
Which is great if you're actually allowed go outside, I was in Spain when the lockdown started in March and you weren't allowed step outside your house unless you were going to the supermarket or doctors. If you had a dog and lived in an apartment you could walk it once a day within 50 mts of your property but if you had a house with land you could only open the front door and let the dog out but you had to stay inside.

I left Spain at the beginning of April and caught the ferry home from Cherbourg as there was no point in been there and stuck indoors for what I think ended up been nearly eight weeks before there was a relaxing of the lockdown and I should add that I came home to better weather in Ireland than they had in Spain for all of April and a good part of May