Affordable Housing with Fingal Co Co

Re: Affordable Housing with Fingal

I was lucky to get end of terrace so I have fileds to the side of me, I am on the other side of the road on Martello Terrace if that makes any sence.

That was one of the best ones to get..well done!

Actually Cat123, there were four properties opened. 2 3beds and 2 2beds. Each had 1 mid and 1 end terrace. The 3bed end terrace was closed at 2 because Fingal had only 2 3 end terraces in all the properties and the one with the side entrance was reserved. The 2nd 3bed end terrace with no side entrance was still available when I reserved but I didn't pick it because of the parking. Their parking spaces were kind of like street parking. The one I picked had lots of parking spaces both infront and across the property.

ah i see. congrats.. finally the waiting has paid off!!

I was told by a friend whom had bought last year that if I thought the provisional interview was hell and mine was a disaster (applied, denied, appealed, denied, appealed to higher power and threatened to go to the newspaper, approved), I ain't seen nothing yet. I better be able to explain every single penny to the last cents. I do a lot of internet banking and I'm one of those that are dependent on the laser card. Can anyone who had done the final interview please explain what to expect? I just don't want to go through what I went through again.

dellie - as you can see in the estate yourself,the only communal area is the car park.The management fees we pay are jsut a general rip off! but if you lot don't have to pay them maybe the council are taking over maintenance of the whole estate \o/

I don't really have a list of plumbers etc but everyone can share th eknowledge and get to know everyone esle on www.neighbours.ie Martello Towers (the estate lacks any sense of community)

Did anyone check the water?Do the house have water pumps?
Anyone know why they have being finished so long and are only being shown now?

I'm not too worried about the water pumps because I do know that Fingal council is a stickler of high quality finish. The developer can get away with it on private properties but if he wants Fingal to pay him, he just has to tackle that problem. I will note it down for the snag list.

Dont think the water pressure issue is just in Martello. I am currently rent in Brackenwood and the water pressure drops at about 11pm every night until about 6am the next morning.

In relation to the deposit - When I went for interview was told average deposit was about 7-10K. Mine is now looking like it will need to be 20K. I know it all depends on how much they have approved you for but is anyone else having this problem.

That is the best bit about it
It is my theory as I have probably said before that the house are only being shown now despite being finished and having the builders out for about a year due to our serious water issues,though apparently not everyones is as bad as mine,and they can flush their toilets all the time and have mains water.

the standard rate is 1 to 1.5 per cent of the property price but there are a few solicitors who will do a deal for affordable homes at 999 (plus vat @20%) plus outlays so it should end up in and around one and a half thousand - thats about the best i have found

In relation to the deposit - When I went for interview was told average deposit was about 7-10K. Mine is now looking like it will need to be 20K. I know it all depends on how much they have approved you for but is anyone else having this problem.

HI,

when i went to view mine and chose to purchase i was told deposit of 7 k min. I actually am paying EUR 20 now, 7k would not have worked.
I was fortunate in that i had been saving for a while and with the delay i now have my deposit up to 20 k but i agree with your point

thanks for your comments! i wondered myself was it cos all units not sold but FCC deny this!

The 3 & 2 bed both were quite nice in Martello even though they were far...by 3:30 all the 3 beds were gone and then there was only two bed left which i suppose got reserved quickly as well, so i am back on the list again.
I asked hem if there were any new properties coming soon and i was told that there are few apartments in Blanch coming soon, but we will contact you. I had a look at the Fingal coco website they don't have much info on new devleopments so not sure how long this time have to wait...
But the good news the name in the list has move forward
waiting........waiting.......waiting......

helix
I called fingal today and i was told that there are still some of the two beds remaining. did you only want a three bed?

Are you not worried that some apts are overvalued by €55k? I've sent my bank valuation to the AHP and am waiting for a reply. It's not right that they can get away with selling on properties with such high overvaluations. We shouldn't have to pay the price for their buyers not anticipating the price drop. Privately they are still selling new apts at a much lower price. You might get a reduction in clawback but that does not account for you being bound to the property and the value of your property not even being in line with inflation.

Last edited by a moderator:

the lady from fingal told me that theres a provision in law for affordable housing that you cannot lose money on them, so the clawback would be adjusted at the time of sale if the sale price was lower than the market value given by fingal, if this is the case then are we not in a better position than most buyers as we are always guaranteed at least our deposit back? Also from reading other posts it seems to be the case that the banks valuation generally comes in lower? I stand to be corrected on all this!!

Yep i agree with that too. Yes we have the clawback to worry about and granted we mightnt make much of a profit if and when we ever sell our properties but we cant lose out unless prices drop dramatically and i mean the bottom would literally want to fall out of the market. If prices are dropping we're in a better position than someone who paid the market price it think. I stand to be corrected, but thats my interpretation of the AHI rules.

not many first time buyers are going to make a profit anymore anyway, especially not in dublin, and many will probably lose money so, although I agree the market value and clawback should be correct at time of purchase I don't think we have too much to worry about! Has anyone looked at the plans for the area in fingal co council? Just a thought, as there is a lot of land around the hospital it might be worth knowing if anything else is due to be built!