7dayshop disappointment

S

Sweeney

I ordered some print cartridges online from 7dayshop at the end of November. The amount was applied to my credit card on 25th Nov, according to the website, my account shows items dispatched the next day.

However, I've not yet received them. I know the post at Christmas can be erratic but this is a bit too long to wait, and is almost twice as long as the last order I got from them.

More disappointing is that I emailed 7dayshop twice, 12th and 16th Dec, enquiring about the order but haven't received a reply, not even an acknowledgement.

Should I worry that my order has gone missing or is it too early? The total value is only about €45, but €45 worth of small Christmas stocking items that I'd like to be sure of having a.s.a.p.

Has anyone experience of long postal delays from this company based in Guernsey? How about their customer service? Any contribution would be appreciated.

Not personally but...

..I've heard of other cases where they were a bit slow to dispatch. However if the items are showing up as dispatched it looks like thy have gone AWOL in the post.

Only time I had to contact them (by phone) was when I was having trouble with my credit card security pin number last summer. In fairness they did eventually take my order, albeit a bit reluctantly. I'd recommend ringing them-the number should be on their website.

Re: Not personally but...

iv'e ordered from them they're slow.i think it was about 10 days wait

7day

Perhaps 7dayshop read AAM?
Without telephoning, this morning I got an email from 7dayshop saying my order has been resent.
No quibbling then. I wont have my order by Christmas I reckon but as long as I get my stuff fairly soon, I'll be content.
Thanks for the comments everyone.

7dayshop

I'd been just about to say: "why not email them a link to this thread...?"

I must say I'm kind of surprised to hear this; I've ordered CD-Rs, photo paper & various supplies from them in the past, and have always (a) got a damn fine deal from them, esp. from their clearance/specials lines, and (b) usually got the goods within a week (to Limerick) — for STG£0.95... :)

Fingers crossed you get your stuff in time, Sweeney — I know what it's like ordering stuff online near Christmas and hoping it'll arrive on time (am currently "sweating" a couple of recent eBay purchases — saved a bundle, but it all comes to naught if it's not under the tree on Christmas Day...!)

Dr. M.

benefit of the doubt

7dayshop came highly recommended and I had/have faith in them.
I am inclined to believe the stuff went missing in the post, probably a fault of whatever carrier had them at a particular time, especially as my email reply from 7dayshop indicated that the order would be resent to me.
I had only one previous order from them which took about two weeks to arrive. Dr M, I doubt I'll have the items in time for Christmas but ultimately I'll just be glad to have the items.
I hope 7dayshop don't think I was pulling a fast one on them though. (I wasn't.) Their prices are competitive and I hope they'll send to me when I order more, as I intend to.

7 Day

Have made numerous purchases from 7 Day with no problems. They confirm despatch by e-mail. I've found delivery times varying from 4 days to 2 weeks. - Reckon it's the post myself.

The only one fault I have found is their packaging. Some of my orders were lucky to arrive intact due to poor packaging. I suppose this could have been what happened to your order? Postal workers aren't known for their delicate handling!!!

Good site, great offers ans cheap shipping !!

7 Day

Last November I received a CF 128mb card from 7dayshop, delivery time was acceptable, I took a few photos using the card. I then went to Disbeyland Paris with the kids at the start of December, one further succesful photo was taken before the card stopped working, of course it had to be on the day when virtually every disney character was available for photos. I replaced the card with another 32mb which worked fine so it wasn't the camera. When I got back I mailed 7dayshop who gave me a return address which I sent the item back to. It's been around 2 weeks now since I last heard from them. At the same time I've returned, had receipt acknowledged, had correct item reposted and received correct item from cdwow. Time does seem to be a problem for 7dayshop.

7 Day

To be fair to 7 Day, they give the option of two ways to post. However, the cheaper takes about twice as long as they say it should. Not sure whether the more expensive option, about 5 times more expensive (£1 v. £5 approx) is five times faster.
Am still awaiting my resent items.

delay

Am still awaiting delivery of "re-sent" order.....

Re: ....

Have you gotten back on to them since?
I can't see anything ariving now.

-Rd

waiting

Yes I have.
Swill awaiting a reply to my latest "what's going on?" email.

gloves off

OK. I think I've been patient enough.
I haven't had the decency of a reply from my last email to 7dayshop. I'm pretty ticked off now.
I ordered some stuff (details outlined above) on November 24th, 2003. Money was taken from my credit card a/c (= to €45.00) on the 25th Nov. 7dayshop say the order was dispatched on November 26th.
It never arrived.
When I notified them of this, I was told it would be resent.
That hasn't arrived either.
Like I said, I'm pretty ticked off, esp as they haven't the courtesy to reply promptly. It is their loss because, although I am a new customer to them, I would certainly have given them a lot of business in the future.

Where do I stand? Can I demand my money is returned to my account? They've had it for two months now. According to their site, they operate a 30 day no quibble money back scheme. It is 60 days in my case but then, I never received anything in the first place to be returned.

Advice please anyone on what to do? I'd like to be sure of my position before going in with all guns blazing. :eek

re: gloves off

Take it up with your Credit Card company. Call them and explain the situation. They will tell you what to do, usually just state your case in writing and they will follow up with the company on your behalf and you'll get a refund on your credit card. Can take a few weeks for this to happen.

Re: re: gloves off

Sweeney, I would echo what slammed says and get in touch with your credit card company. You should do this sooner rather than later as you only have a set amount of time in which to make a claim. It's either 3 or 6 months, I can't recall which.

update

Thanks for the advice Slammed and Outshined, I appreciate it.
When I still hadn't heard from 7dayshop by this morning, I contacted my credit card company and they told me to send a letter to them (c.c. co.) detailing everything.
I'm gathering all the information to do just that.
The saga continues.
Watch this space.

...to be continued...

Before sending deatils to my credit card company, I emailed 7dayshop telling them to cancel the order and refund the amount I'd paid.
Next day I got an email from them saying - you've guessed it - they couldn't do it because they'd resent the order again!
I wasn't happy but I sat back and awaited delivery.
Guess what. Three weeks further on and nothing has arrived in the post.
I sent all details to my credit card company on Monday. Now I'm waiting to hear from them!

At last....

It took almost four months but finally, FINALLY, I got my refund from 7dayshop.
Many thanks to contributors on AAM who pointed me in the right direction and to the charge back department of my credit card company. THEY got me my refund - 7dayshop never contacted me, not an apology, not a word and definitely not a delivery of my order.
Disappointing but it is their loss. The hundreds of euro I would have undoubtedly spent with them is going to another supplier.
Thanks again AAM.

Back