You are getting old when.....

18. As you're standing on the landing, you forget whether you were going up or coming down the stairs!

Or when you go into a room and forget what you came for, so you decide to return to the starting point to help you remember (we all do this!), but then you find you can't remember where you started from so now you tour the house looking for signs of recent activity like a diy job in progress or the phone off the hook or strange looks from your family or the dog scratching to be let in/out......

...the cool DJ that once occupied the 7-9 slot on local radio is now actually an annoying little bollix who is always shouting about something & plays sh!te music

....when you get all excited going to the garden centre and spend a load of money on different varieties of grass for your garden.......when you suddenly have a fond memory of an entirely different type of grass you smoked in your youth, where you smoked it and who with and garden centres were the furthest thing from your mind and generally were Old Biddy Domains.

when you complain about putting on weight around the waist and your mother tells you its Middle Aged spread!

When you are walking down the road and see your mother in the reflection in a shop window... only it isn;t your mother

... the one that hit me before was when someone said that the day you start holding onto little bits of timber just cause you might need them to stir the paint.... is the day you become your da!......oh how true.

Or when you go shopping and a couple of hours later forget where you parked the car!!

I'm just waiting for the king of punk rock, Johnny Rotten, to do a documentary on insects or a celebrity big brother show then I'd know I was getting old

... the one that hit me before was when someone said that the day you start holding onto little bits of timber just cause you might need them to stir the paint.... is the day you become your da!......oh how true.

D'oh was just thinking none of the others applied me yet when I saw this one :eek:

I used to laugh at a workmate who said "you know......when it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night"

Saw a man aged about 75 man or perhaps more in a restaurant the other day wearing a pair of combats and he looked a million dollars. Bet he didn't think he was too old

Saw a man aged about 75 man or perhaps more in a restaurant the other day wearing a pair of combats and he looked a million dollars.

What, all green and crinkley? :D

Or when you are having a shower and you find your first grey hair "down there" :eek:

When your friends (and you) all refuse to go to a pub because 'we wont get seats/its too loud to talk/you cant park near it'

Back