Worked in Germany for 15 yrs back in 1998. Entitled to German state Pension?

tyson

Hello all,

I ask on behalf of my Mum. She worked in Germany for 15 yrs back in 1998. Would she be entitled to any additional pension here at the moment or when she reaches state pension age. She is currently 55 yrs old.
Thank you for your comments

Short answer: probably yes

Longer answer: Under EU law, both countries have to take into account her full employment history and then pro-rata her entitlements to the ratio spent in each country. So her Irish pension may be increased and she may be entitled to a pension payment from Germany. She would need to contact the SW office and provide details of her contribution history in both countries. It is likely to be a long, bureaucratic quest ...

Yes, she is entitled to pension from Germany if she has worked for more than 5 years.

It is less bureaucratic as you would think, I'd recommend that she gets a confirmation of the pension insurance years from Germany as soon as possible.
Assuming she speaks German, this website: http://www.deutsche-rentenversicherung.de should provide all the details on how to get the paperwork sorted.

Last edited:
Back