Things that annoy you

it was said earlier but people littering, especially from cars, i too would not say anything because you dont know what your up against but this annoys me, its ok to have your car clean but the streets are a mess

* Steady Eddie toddling along the open road at a constant 70 kph, oblivious to the line of traffic behind him. He probably considers himself a safe driver. But watch him coming into a 50 kph speed limit. Will he slow down to 50 ? Will he hell.
* Not so much the car stuck like a limpet to the back of the two trailer truck, but the Sticky Mickey behind him.( And it is always a two trailer, usually carrying logs ) Nothing can shift him. He won't move in or back so somebody else can overtake the truck, and the those of us coming behind find ourselves joining an ever lenghtening convoy.
* Big thick double white lines for miles on stretches of road that don't appear to need them. I'm thinking of the road between Oranmore and Clarinbridge. Don't know if it is the Co. Co. or NRA, who think it is better to get out the paint cans and force us all to drive behind Eddie and Mickey, than to remove whatever they think is the hazard.

Last edited:
parents who do not ensure that their children wear a seat belt while in the car

A car passed me last week with a child hanging out of the passenger window. IMO a parent who allows a child to do that really does not love the child.

1. People who break red lights via the bus lane and go all the way to the top of the queue and expect to be let in.
2. People who make risky repeated lane changes to get one or two cars ahead on the M50.
3. The state of the written English by some users of this site. Honestly, whats with the "English - how to write?" type titles? Why not write "How do I write English?". Who do you think you are? Yoda?!! :p
4. People who can't park between white lines and see nothing wrong with banging their car door off neighbouring cars.
5. People who drive against the flow in a car park coz they've spotted a free space off in the distance.
6. The old favourite - litter bugs. Especially the aul throwing of the contents of the ash tray out the window. Ignorant!!
7. Spanners in "modified" Toyota Glanzas that have to floor it at every available opportunity. Just coz you like cars doesn't mean you're a good driver! Thats why the majority of you have dented cars/broken lights etc.
8. People that hand out the free Herald AM in the mornings and the drivers that stop on a green light to collect one.
9. Threads like this that make me start ranting! :)

I thought I was the only one who noticed that a lot of the lits/lats etc park in handicapped parking spaces.
People who use racist labels to make sweeping generalisations (often without realising it).

Vegetarians;)

building a new dual carriageway to Newry. then dumping all the traffic at a roundabout. did an off ramp never cross their mind? so now you drive Dundalk to Cloghue roundabout in less than 15 mins ( add 45 from Dublin) . and then you wait 15 mins to negotiate the roundabout.

It might be easier to list the stuff that doesn't annoy me.

Both sides of the Stillorgan dual carriageway were full of police yesterday doing speed checks etc. Yet all the accidents are happening on our country roads. (It's raining today so I don't expect that they will be there).
I was in Cork last week and I couldn't get over the number of local cars speeding and tailgating around the narrow roads in the Cork countryside.

Losing my memory stick and realising that I can't phone it to find it!

eeeh......tabloids. I hate them and their stupid unthinking knee-jerk reactions.

Perple who run down eircom league football without ever going to a game

and

those who say they hate chinese, indian food.......and when you sak have they eatin it, the answer is always no:rolleyes:

Meat-eaters who spare themselves the details of the meat industry.
Veggies that think they have the high moral ground.

I ate a nice steak for dinner. The cow that it came from was killed by having a steel bolt driven through its head. It's still stitching body was then hoisted into the air by it's back feet and it was cut open using an electric (or sometimes pneumatic) saw from neck to groin. It was then gutted, skinned and had its head removed before being hung for the required amount of time after which it was butchered.
The only difference between how cows are killed now and how we killed their ancestors’ 20'000 years ago is that now it's quicker.
I know exactly how cows are killed; I have seen it first hand. I don't like the experience but I have no problem with the fact that it happens.
Concern yourself more with the people who are butchered all over the world every day, in the context of the overwhelming human suffering that exists in this world the minutia of the meat industry is utterly irrelevant.

People who stand reading magazines/newspapers in the newsagent ( with no intention of buying anything) and who make no effort to move while you try to reach round them to pick up the publication you want to buy.:mad:

Back