- they broke the law - but i still owe

jackruby

I am being hounded by my bank for a 30 K - and i don't have any funds- zero

was in the construction industry and my bank contacted the builder i was contracted to enquiring about monies he owed me

he then pulled the plug - no contract - no payment - nothing

Except the bank demands

i am considering the Jail option as a matter of precendence as no one is standing up for Joe soap

If you feel you were wronged by your bank then you should make a complaint to the Financial Ombundsman.

Did you sign a declaration authorising the bank to contact 3rd parties?

"i am considering the Jail option as a matter of precendence as no one is standing up for Joe soap"

What does this mean?

You owe money. Someone else owes you money. You have a debt to the Bank. Someone else has a debt to you. Why don't you make an attempt to recover the money owed to you? Then you could pay your debt.

Do you think that if you owe money to someone, but you are owed money by someone else, that you don't have to pay the money you owe?

mf

i am considering the Jail option as a matter of precendence as no one is standing up for Joe soap

Have you an income? I think you should face up to your obligations and try to pay back the debt that you and you alone incurred.

OP stated,

"I am being hounded by my bank for a 30 K - and i don't have any funds- zero

was in the construction industry"

yes i would pay if i had the money

the bank broke the data protection act.

I had a contract of €300,000 plus if the contract were to be completed.

the worse case senario would have being that i woul have earned €70k at a minimum.

the bank called me looking for the €30k and i said that i was waiting to get poaid from the contractor and that i would aleast earn €70k within the next 9 months.

The bank rang the contractor who was trying to secure funding from several banks and took a dim view on the fact that my bank was harrassing him about the monies i owed.

Hence he won't pay me. i am bringing him to court.

the bank just want their money

To be honest it sounds as if your too soft looking for the money, you should be hounding the builder, creating a nuisance for him. If he has the money he will pay, just to make you go away. Even if he does not have enough to pay all his creditors he will pay those who cause him the most trouble

If you dont want to to it your self, there are companies who will hound him for a cut of the money.
fb4e89b8-0a7a-4991-_323533c.jpg

MF1

the joe soap is the ordinary worker on the street.

for example the large speculators and the banks are going to assisted by NAMA while the ordinary plumber, carpenter that is owed monies by these specs and const compnies are screwed

do you understand that?

Towger

the solicitor and barrister are saying that the probability is that it will be settled out of court.

if it goes to court i will not settle. becuase it gives me the opportunity to have the contractor explain why he did not pay me.

he will say that the work is shoody

BUT it is because of the bank

VOR

I didn't sign anything.

At one stage the bank was trying to force me to sign a loan agreement for the amount of debt but i refused.

Jackruby do you have any other income, if you do you should come to an arrangment with the bank to pay back the 30K. Do you own a property because if you do then the bank will be going after that and it will be at a much larger cost than 30K to you.

You need to seperate the rights and wrongs of what the builder has done, the bank has done and the economic situation from your debt to the bank. That is the way a court of law is going to judge it.

was in the construction industry and my bank contacted the builder i was contracted to enquiring about monies he owed me

he then pulled the plug - no contract - no payment - nothing

Can you clarify this. Did you have a contract with the builder or not?

Also what do you mean the bank was trying to get you to sign a loan agreement? Did you have a loan agreement for the 30K?

Bronte

i would have had an income of €75,000 if i had continued the work that i had withe builder.
The fact is the builder took this potential work from me because the bank rang him.

Verbal contract.

i had done alot of work for this guy.

Good work, reasonably priced and no problems would get paid - maybe have to wait a few weeks but would get it eventually.

Jackruby is this correct, you told your bank that a builder owed you money and that that is why you wouldn't pay them. They then contacted the builder to get him to pay the money to you. He naturally got upset at this as it was false (he had no contract with you) and decided not to deal with you. Do you think he is being unreasonable?

What did you borrow the 30K for, was it in connection with this builder?

Back