The R Word

Feel free to piuck out incorrect \spellings - they are but part of a system of communication - what matters most is the thought of the individual - but as I said - our education system IS fundamentaly flawed.

You will have to put up wiyth my bad \spelling and mistypes - sorry!

NikolazTesla, your reply is what is to be expected from someone who quotes the bible for no reason.
Another post without substance, only "phrases" and some insults.
Leave the sermon for the mass where you will find many sheeple looking for guidance that they don't get.
I am out of this.

Actually - I thought that my quote from the Bible was explained quite well?

What part caused confusion and I will try and clarify!

For 15 years we have grown by over 5% p.a. Now we are told we might fall back 0.4% and people are making for the back room with a bottle of whiskey and a revolver. What's the big deal? I am not an economist but how can slipping back a few months mean the wheels are coming off?

Thank God someones pointed this out! Recession! Its only going to be a recession in the strictest technical sense. -0.4% for one year after stunning growth for 12yrs is nothing. Even if the ESRI are wrong and it's -1, or -2... thats comparitively little. Yes people will lose jobs and in vast numbers, but at least as a nation we have built up substantial personal savings.

In a yrs time after 3yrs of university and a top class degree i'll be out in the real world starting off on €380 - €390 a week (if i'm lucky). My girlfriend is finished and is on €150 a week for the next month gaining experience with the prospect of €400 a week therafter.

Awful? No. At least we can get jobs locally with great long term prospects. This is not the 80's - we will not be returning to that, that is a scenario completely different to now when everyone suffered vastly. This time round it is only the fool hardy who will suffer - those who squandered the fruits of the boom, speculated at the peak on property or who left school without proper education, attracted by short term high wages in the construction sector.

Now - do not take this personal - but this shows your ignorance - read my post to see what I think of statues!

excuse me I am not ignorant, I know exactly what you writing about and to be honest it doesn't interest me one bit. I am not interested in philosophical debates and a financial forum is not the place for you to start on.

Nikolaz, are you a crazy Scientologist or Tony Quinn drone? Sounds like it with all this talk of freeing yourself from the herd.

Thank God someones pointed this out! Recession! Its only going to be a recession in the strictest technical sense. -0.4% for one year after stunning growth for 12yrs is nothing. Even if the ESRI are wrong and it's -1, or -2... thats comparitively little. Yes people will lose jobs and in vast numbers, but at least as a nation we have built up substantial personal savings.

In a yrs time after 3yrs of university and a top class degree i'll be out in the real world starting off on €380 - €390 a week (if i'm lucky). My girlfriend is finished and is on €150 a week for the next month gaining experience with the prospect of €400 a week therafter.

Awful? No. At least we can get jobs locally with great long term prospects. This is not the 80's - we will not be returning to that, that is a scenario completely different to now when everyone suffered vastly. This time round it is only the fool hardy who will suffer - those who squandered the fruits of the boom, speculated at the peak on property or who left school without proper education, attracted by short term high wages in the construction sector.

Yeah, you are right. This is merely a correction, long overdue, nothing than finally something to get the hot air out of that property bubble. The fundamentals are sound. Nothing to worry about.

Good on you CG - and why set your goal on 380 to 390 a week - why not on 800 to 1000 a week.

Always remember that if you CONTINUALY think big thoughts - big things will happen - and vice versa of course.

The only think that stands in your way of 800 to 1000 a week is your current thinking process - change that and you WILL be pleasently surprised - that I can say with certainty - as the Universal Laws work for one and all - God has no favourites, for we are are all made in the image of God - we are Individuals.

Do not undersetimate what I have said - and take some time to think about it before you dismiss it - remember - "Race Suggestion" like "Hell", are your biggest obstacles to get over - and once you get over it the world is literally at your doorstep.

Be careful what you think - for good brings good and bad brings bad - so it is always best to think good - this means moral and just thinking - in other words - never do to any other person what you would not like done to yourself - and, just to clarify, I am not a Bible teacher, or religious person, or a communist, or a capitalist - I am bit a simple man as you - who has decided to think for myself - and since I started doing this "my self" thinking - my life and circumstances have changed for the better - although I still have many areas to improve on.

Think big and you will get big - think small and you will get small.

Think Correctly!

excuse me I am not ignorant, I know exactly what you writing about and to be honest it doesn't interest me one bit. I am not interested in philosophical debates and a financial forum is not the place for you to start on.

Wrong - anything that influences an outcome is worth discussing - it just so happens that my line of thought is different to most - but who is to say who is right and who is wrong?

I am not saying any of you are wrong - am I ?

Nikolaz, are you a crazy Scientologist or Tony Quinn drone? Sounds like it with all this talk of freeing yourself from the herd.

Hmmm - so there is no truth in anything I have wrote - come on , even a child can see that I present facts - no pun intended of course.

Tesla have you been playing with your electric machines again?;)

No HB - just doing some serious reading and study to free the mind from the influences of "race suggestion".

There is another word for what I write about - and some peddle it commercially under the guise of "Self Improvement"!

Yes people will lose jobs and in vast numbers, but at least as a nation we have built up substantial personal savings.

Have we? Serious question. It was my understanding that we were all in massive debt, and that a large amount of that debt is collatoralised against rapidly depreciating assets (namely, property). What evidence is out there that we have built of substantial personal savings?

On the jobs point, I don't think you are fully allowing for the massive knock-on consequences of "vast numbers" of job losses. Just look at how the construction meltdown has poisoned related industries: builders suppliers, estate agents, DIY firms, banking, furniture/kitchen/carpet sales etc. And when people lose jobs there, that in turn hurts yet more industries: the newsagent selling these people their lunch, the garage filling up their cars, the clothes shops who sell them their work clothes, the cleaning company who cleaned the offices, the printer who did their stationery...you could go on forever.

I think you are being too sunny on both these points.

who agrees here that nikolaz posts are a waste of time and should be banned :)

an earlier poster said that the ordinary labourer wasnt of good money. i know loads of block layers which is as laborious as you can get that were on 1k a week no problems for years during the boom.

jimbob1234 - You are 100% correct in what you say, however, that was for those labourers who were in unionised jobs. They were many others who worked in jobs where there were no unions and they were paid 500e or less per week.

I am speaking about ordinary labourers without a trade and not carpenters, blocklayers or plasterers who did make an awful lot of money during the good times.

Last edited:
Back