Royal Wedding

Apparently, the Queen will meet Kate Middleton's parents, for the first time, on the day of the wedding! :rolleyes:

Apparently William & Kate were in East Cork over Xmas....he spent the whole weekend in and out of Middleton.

Did Diana not have to go through some kind of virginity test to prove she was pure before marrying the heir to the throne so that the integrity of the Royal bloodline could never be questioned?

There doesnt seem to be any of that carry on this time round.

Apparently, the Queen will meet Kate Middleton's parents, for the first time, on the day of the wedding! :rolleyes:

I suppose, in fairness, she's the groom's granny not his mother so it wouldn't be that unusual. I presume Prince Charles has met them by now.

Did Diana not have to go through some kind of virginity test to prove she was pure before marrying the heir to the throne so that the integrity of the Royal bloodline could never be questioned?

I am going to suggest that to my next girlfriend!

Maybe you should re-read what I actually posted

I did even before I answered and I still feel that being famous for doing nothing and being famous for nothing are pretty much the same thing.

Maybe the Brits might take the opportunity to arrest the Crown Prince of Bahrain for crimes against humanity a la Pinochet. David Cameron might be less likely to stick his oar in than was Maggie. So something good might come out of the whole vulgar spectacle.

I was watching an advert on SKY News last night for the Royal wedding. They will offer full HD, moment by moment coverage, mobile reporting, so that "you don't have to miss a thing."

What is wrong with the world that this minor non-event, this chewing gum TV attacts this kind of coverage? I understand escapism, and I know we all need it from time to time, but surely this is massive overkill?

I was watching an advert on SKY News last night for the Royal wedding. They will offer full HD, moment by moment coverage, mobile reporting, so that "you don't have to miss a thing."

What is wrong with the world that this minor non-event, this chewing gum TV attacts this kind of coverage? I understand escapism, and I know we all need it from time to time, but surely this is massive overkill?

Well Sky News is in HD for a start so they are advertising the fact that they have a high quality broadcast, and SKY is a british channel and it is a bit of a big deal to Britain. Look at the amount of tourists that call to see Buck. Palace etc,. i might not have any interest in it, but there is obviously an audience out there that wants to see a big occassion (at least it's not another natural disaster).

Well for a country that went crazy when our soccer team won 1 match, draws 1 match and lost 1 match in the Euo Championship finals I don' think we are in a position to criticise the English

80% of the British want to keep the monarchy. This percentage has stayed similar for decades.

There will be no change from this.

At the end of the day from an economic point of view the return of the monarchy is exponential to the cost. millions of foreign tourists would not descend on London without the monarchy being a part of the city.

And when people say, ahh but its not fair that they are treated better than others, who on earth would want their lifestyle. I wouldn't.

If you don't like the British monarchy, don't watch it or go on about it. Simple.

Well for a country that went crazy when our soccer team won 1 match, draws 1 match and lost 1 match in the Euo Championship finals I don' think we are in a position to criticise the English

Given the fact that we never qualified for a major championship prior to 1988 & then proceeded to beat the old enemy in the first game , outplay Russia in the second & lose to the eventual winners by the flukiest of offside goals in our final game I thought the euphoria was well merited & I was there !

When you have 24hr rolling news they have to fill it with something.

I saw a few clips of the hype of the wedding by the US networks, They are cheesy beyond belief.

OK so he is famous for being born into a particular family, other than that what has he done, and more importantly what is he going to do? (the answer is at the end of your sentance)

I'd consider qualifying as a helicopter search & rescue pilot quite an achievement.

I'd consider qualifying as a helicopter search & rescue pilot quite an achievement.

It would be a brave instructor, or one nearing the end of his career, who would fail him. So probably he flies a helicopter like my ex-girlfriend drove a car.

It would be a brave instructor, or one nearing the end of his career, who would fail him. So probably he flies a helicopter like my ex-girlfriend drove a car.[/QUOTE]

That good eh? (women being notoriously better drivers):D

Back