Royal Canal Park

I heard today (unofficially- have a mate who working in dcc and he asked them for me) that the apartments are ready so fingers crossed it might be soon.
I have to move out of my rented apartment at the end of this month so i'm really hoping!

As for the clawback, who knows - with the way things are going they may be selling on the open market at the same price soon.

that would be great wouldnt it
have you got any contracts yet off them
they tell me my Solicitor wont get them until after I snag again

I heard today (unofficially- have a mate who working in dcc and he asked them for me) that the apartments are ready so fingers crossed it might be soon.
I have to move out of my rented apartment at the end of this month so i'm really hoping!

As for the clawback, who knows - with the way things are going they may be selling on the open market at the same price soon.

I signed my contracts yesterday and I got a call to go and de-snag tomorrow! I've to meet Frank and the builder up there and they go through my list with me and then hopefully sign it off.

My solicitor is putting in a condition to reduce the clawback, so fingers crossed!!! Its worth a try anyway.

I rang today and Yvonne said that there is a meeting on site tomorrow and that the rest of us will be getting calls then about coming to de snag. Contracts should be out in 2/3 weeks.

aah! interesting! i thought all the affordable were in horizon (where i am) so they obviously have them scattered around the place. where is meridian so?

they are all scattered over the place
the day I picked I look at 1 in this building 2 in that and 3 in the other
My apartment balancy faces into the common garden area on the inside
I am down near oooo its hard to describe I dont think they are far away - you know the vacant shop units when you come in from the Glasnevin Ind Estate side just near them

Wow, you picked from 3 buildings?? lucky u!

I'm down that end too, when you come into RCP, empty shops on the right, hoarding on the left. and i'm the second little right turn there. Its like a little crescent shape avenue. Can you see over that hoarding?? is that the common area?

from 24% to 15%

went up to sign off the snags last week and THEY WERENT DONE :mad:

hopefuly it'll be only a few weeks now, fingers crossed.

Was it hard to get it reduced - did they put up much of a fight about it??
yea they are saying the same to me about the snags not done yet

from 24% to 15%

went up to sign off the snags last week and THEY WERENT DONE :mad:

hopefuly it'll be only a few weeks now, fingers crossed.

I'm so desperate to move that i actually signed off on the snags even though they aren't done. I spoke to some people in there and they said they would get done eventually. I then had to get a family home declaration thing done , which i did this week. So all thats left now it to wait.

lollops:

What is the market value you were given?

Did you have a valuer do that and then just write dcc a letter?

Basically, the day after I was supposed to sign off my snags I went to my solicitor to sign the contracts. I asked him to put a condition in it that we wanted to have the clawback reduced (I had come up with anew figure of 16% so we put that in) Almost immediately we got a letter back from their solicitor saying that, as it was within 6 months of their valuation, DCC will definitely not be reducing price or clawbacks. I was just about to get my claws out and fight the case, as its coming up to 6 months now since i put my holding deposit down.

Anyway, my solicitor got a letter yesterday saying they are going to reduce to 15%, even less than my figure, it was very out of the blue!! I'm delighted! :)

I had my gaff valued about a month ago, came in at 345 (2 bedroom) DCC valued it at 375,back in May.

Adm: whats a family home declaration.

You should both phone Yvonne and ask her to arrange for ur contracts to be sent out. Thats what i did.

!¬!

I did that and she said oh you have to wait until about 3 weeks after the Council meeting to approve you before the contracts are sent out - whatever thats about - so its nearly 3 weeks now so hopefully soon. I cant wait to get in there would do anything to hurry it up.

Family Home Declaration is just a legal doc saying that your single or married or whatever.

Basically, the day after I was supposed to sign off my snags I went to my solicitor to sign the contracts. I asked him to put a condition in it that we wanted to have the clawback reduced (I had come up with anew figure of 16% so we put that in) Almost immediately we got a letter back from their solicitor saying that, as it was within 6 months of their valuation, DCC will definitely not be reducing price or clawbacks. I was just about to get my claws out and fight the case, as its coming up to 6 months now since i put my holding deposit down.

Anyway, my solicitor got a letter yesterday saying they are going to reduce to 15%, even less than my figure, it was very out of the blue!! I'm delighted! :)

I had my gaff valued about a month ago, came in at 345 (2 bedroom) DCC valued it at 375,back in May.

Adm: whats a family home declaration.

You should both phone Yvonne and ask her to arrange for ur contracts to be sent out. Thats what i did.

hey all - thanks for the above - gave me some insight too

I'm also concerned about the Market Value of the property I'm purchasing through the Shared Ownership Scheme.

Can this price be reduced easily through a Solictor? Any recommended ones?

thanks

Back