Royal Canal Park

Hi there, U wont get the price reduced, just the clawback.

I heard today that I'll be ready to close in 2 weeks!!!! Finally!!!!!!

thank for the reply

good luck moving!

i bet you've got all the paint colours for the rooms in your head, t.v. position too and got the bed on stand-by! but i'm sure you've changed ur mind a hundred times too!

Ur completely right!!!! I have everything!! haha!

I also got my management fee's bill yesterday - 1,500 :eek:

I presume you only have to pay half that this year? Thats what i've done.
I've had a look at the service charge budget and it runs from 1st May.

It's a lot, even including gym fees. Lets hope it's worth it.(the caretaker earns more than me!)

There are a couple of downers. One is mobile phones don't work inside my App.
I'm on the ground floor. I have three mobile broadband and it only works if i hang it out the window.
After 6pm it doesn't work at all.
Also I'm sure you're aware of the rubbish cable supplier. No digital tv. They are trying to
get sky in but that may take a while. The broadband is my main issue as i need it for work.

It will be 2010 by the time I am in!!!
I have not heard anything in ages
Ring up and dont get anywhere, no contracts, nothing
Its so frustrating even if you could get a straight answer
I now need to speak to the Inspector or something

I didn't know I cud pay only half now?? I asked my solcitor to suss out how long that covers me for, and when I'd have to pay again....she didn't seem too sure but shes gonna check. I have to give her the money on the day of closing. Could I contact the mgmt company myself (kingfisher???) and enquire about that?

Dubgirl: when did u first apply? it's coming up to 2 years for me, and I was told at the very start it'd be abt 2 years. Spot on really! even though it felt like 10.

the TV/broadband situation also has my head wrecked. So we have to use cablewatch? or can we use NTL? I quite like NTL digital...could I get that?

Also, I defo need broadband. I'd like BT, but u have to get a phone line in dont you?

you mean u had to wait 2 years from the date you picked the apartment in Royal Canal???

I have been on the list for years but only actually picked apartment in August - i cant wait 2 years

No, I mean its 2 years since I first applied for AH. I entered the draw for RCP in June 07, only got to view and pick my apt in May this year, so I'm obviously just a couple of months ahead of you. They probably want to deal with all the May people first and then move onto your group.

Hi lollops,
Sorry but cablewatch have a monopoly on the development
so ntl is not available. The service is also not digital tv.
you do have to get a phone line for BT. I've ordered one myself. I've read worrying reports that the Broadband speed is useless in the evening because the exchange is overloaded with too many people.
Look at some of the discussions over at

The tv monopoly thing really makes my blood boil. It should be illegal.
As for the mgmt fees. Just be sure if you are paying all now that you dont pay again
till this time next year i guess.

So we HAVE to go with cablewatch? and there is no digital option??? OMG!!!:eek:

Nightmare!! I'll have to get one of those dodgy boxes!!!

Hate to tell you but the dodgy boxes dont work here
either. I am certain of that i'm afraid.

Sky may be available pretty soon hopefully. Tenants are pushing for it. You do have about 16 chanells similar to ntl's basic non-digital package of a few years ago.

I just spoke to a mate thats living in RCP about a year now. He did say the dodgy boxes dont work, but he also said he's never even heard of cablewatch?? He uses UPC, which is the new NTL (my mother has this) and its grand!! If i can get that I'll be happy!

also he has a dsl line with Imagine. Says its fine.

Thats curious.
cablewatch is on all the cable inputs in my app.
If you do get UPC let me know. I'm in meridian court and i'm pretty sure i can't

I got the acceptance email last week and theirs a viewing in RCP for AH saturday week so there should be about 40 people attending the viewing if everybody shows up that is.

Im really gunning to get a 3 Bed, ive seen the plans of Meridian Court and they look rather perfect in my opinion.

Just hope everything goes according to plan.

From someone who has already gone through the process, when we go to view, what do we do? Do we all meet in certain place? Do we tell someone there and then that we want to make an offer on the place or how is it working? Thanks.

dont know if the developer would give a 3 bed to the Affordable Housing but maybe i was never offered any - the third floor 2 bed i got offered was the best on that day

Back