RockView in Sandyford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Just got keys this morning - must be one of the last :) ! Does anyone know how to get the intercom working?

Thanks
Sweet Pea

Con Grats Seewt Pea !

It took us 3 weeks to have ours fixed but having called Cathal everyday for 3 weeks the job was done. You are better off popping into him and asking how it works that way he might pop up show you and see himself it does'nt work.

In at last! Got the tiling fixed after a week. Have just discovered that my livingroom light will only work when the balcony light is on?! Cathal seemd fine about fixing it even though we signed last week. I think it depends on what mood you catch him in!

He was an absolute d!ck to me last week. One of the pipes that ends up in my patio is leaking, he won't fix. Also, my place wasn't wired for an alarm keypad, he couldn't be bothered even after I made him speak to the alarm installer. That boy has no people skills at all! Had to get it sorted myself.

Is anyone having issues with their freezer? Mine keeps frosting up on me despite what temperatire I have it at. I'v a feeling it isn't sealing properly only can't see as it's integrated and i'm very reluctant to ask Cathal about it. I think he hates me.

I have noticed a satellite dish have been put up on of the apartments. Apart from it looking unsightly is this allowed?

Hi new on here just found it, Im not sure but generally in a new dev you cant put up a dish which apt is it on? Im not happy about this one bit!!

Well if we all call Keenan Management it might get sorted out. After all that what we pay them for.

I take it dumbyearbook is taking the p!ss. Nah, Daffy, it's not allowed. The maintenance company looks after this and they say they'll take them down and "confiscate" them if they aren't removed. Feels like I'm back at school!!

I know its quite childish but to be honest with you it looks draedful. They can still have digital through NTL.

hey

I live in Tick Nock beside you guys, just wondering what the craic is with the bus & does anyone know when the road & shops will be open? Park Dev are finishing our estate at moment, should be all finished by the end of next week at the latest

Im not taking anything of the sort Bron, you obviously mis-read my message, anyway the management company should be called as I'm not having a sat. dish anywhere near my apt! (And just on the bus route the tmetable on the dubln bus web site says operative date is form the 10th of July)

It's not even the unsightliness (is that a word)?? of the dish, apparently they weaken the structure of the building. Try get the number of the apt and report them I suppose. It's in the contract with the management people we all sign that no dishes are allowed. Apologies dumbyearbook.

Hi All

I bought a ground floor apt in Sandyford View and moved in over Christmas. All the snags were done well and quickly so no problems with the builders.

The best shower door option we could find was €199 for a corner opening one in Tubs and Tiles in Sandyford Ind Est.

Parking is a nightmare in our development - there is only one visitor space and that was only put in after we all complained. Its still a pain as everyone now parks on the road - wonder how long it will be before there is an accident?

The maintance in some areas is very good but in others it has been badly neglected - there are some serious nettles and thistles growing between Sandyford View and Rocview. I have been on to KPM but they havent done anything about it. The other thing I have been on to them about is the lights on the patios - they are on 24 hours a day/7 days a week! Who is paying for these??? They have told me they are getting times fitted to them but that was months ago and they are still on.

On the whole its a good place to live - the bus is up and running now, the shops look like they are getting there (anyone know how long before they are open?) and it really is only a 20min walk to the luas!

Where exactly is the short cut to get from Rockview to the luas? I'm assuming we don't have to walk all the way up to Lambs Cross and back down the sandyford road?!

Hi Lyn

You walk through Sandyford View, Bracken Hill and Kilcross through the council estate until you come to the main Rd. Turn left here, over the moterway bridge then turn right directly after the bridge. Follow the foot/cycle path and it will bring you out at the traffic lights at the Beacon Hotel. Take the Rd towards Clonskeagh and the luas stop is on your right just after the football fields -this is the closest one.

The other option is to take the 114 bus from inside the estate - it drops off at the luas before going on to Blackrock. If you miss the bus inside the estate you would still have time to walk through the estates to Kilcross and pick it up there! This used to be the terminus until a few weeks ago

Hi Lads

I know this has been mentioned already but what size shower doors did you guys get for the ensuite in the 2 bedroomed apt. (Block D)?
Also where did you get it & how much?
We've been quoted €395 in Chadwicks. This seems very high.

Hi all,
Our shower tray is 80mm x 80mm so thats obviously the size of the door we bought.
We picked it up in Tubs & Tiles for in or around €200 as far as I can remember, €395 would want to have electric controls and a self cleaning facility to be that price. That's really dear.

I see someone mentioned about the parking and the possibility of a crash. In my opinion, it's only a matter of time, especially for those of us who have to go all the way down to Rockview.
I've already seen some lad have to jam on and skid about 10 metres after he was tearing down that hill on the curve just before the marketing suite and painted roundabout. He, and everyone else, can't see far enough down the hill and around the cars parked to see if anyone is coming up the hill head on. It was a close one.
I'm no angel on the roads, but I know when to slow down in case. Particularly in a residential area.
People are ripping down the hill all the time. It's not as bad up the hill as gravity would help a quick stop, but the momentum gathered down that hill makes jamming on seriously dangerous.
AND bear in mind that this is in fine weather. If it rains now, it'll turn into an ice rink as it's been so dry for so long.
Imagine what it's going to be like on a cold January morning after -2 overnight. We'll be lucky to get up the hill at all.
Maybe I'm over-reacting, but where else to get other peoples views than on somewhere like this?

I agree with you 100% but if they put double yellow lines out on the road outside where are all of these cars going to park. I am a resident of Sandyford view and we have two cars. We always park the second car in the free spaces in Rockview but when everybody moves into Rockview there will not be enough spaces to go around.

I think that maybe people should only park on one side of the road outside. I would imagine that the bus drivers are not too happy with the current situation.

Also tried to get a car clamped last week that parked in our space for the day and the numbers that we were given by KPM did not work. I phoned Sharon Byrne about this and she was to call me back but I never heard another word. Has anyone else had this problem.

Try Argos for the shower door - they have them there for about €200 too and it was 80 x 80cm.

I agree about the hill - It's going to be a nightmare in the winter. People are flying down that hill but something else to look out for are the people getting out of their parked cars there. Had a close call when someone swung open their car door without looking first. They have to sort out some extra parking for them - I'm sure they're not happy about parking there either. Would it be the builder or management company that would sort that out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back