RockView in Sandyford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bron, im on the first floor in block F. They might be just covering themselves alright but mine works fine anyway.

And despite what some people are suggesting, NO i don't work for Clearwire. Im just saying that i haven't had a problem with them. And just to make a point... I didn't know that you had to pay €120 to cancel your contract with them. You learn something new everyday.

Oh, I'm just below you so neighbour. Don't make to much noise overhead :)! Think I'm going to get connected to eircom first anyway and then switch over to another company when they come available. i'm getting phonewatch installed so kinda need a line anyway.

Just wondering if I'm the only one unhappy with their tiling? The tiles behind the cooker and sink are all uneven and have grout missing. It's the same in the bathroom aswell! I put it on the snag list but when I went back and checked it nothing had been done. Waiting for Cathal to get back to me about it.

Hi Lyn,

Our tiling seems to be fine. It looks ok to me & it wasn't down on our snag list. Have you closed & got your keys already? If you have, you might have a problem getting the builder's to even consider looking at it.

Hi,

I have a very small section at the end of my kitchen tiling that's uneven but it's not that noticeable. If you already have it in your snag list - then the builders would have to deal with it. If you haven't or have just recently closed - get onto your solicitor and they will write to the builders solicitors about getting it sorted out. Otherwise it will be deemed that you have found it to be acceptable. On closing myself - one of my living room lights wasn't sealed properly, I had to get 2 walls repainted as well. The walls were dealt with pretty swiftly, but I had to call Cathal every day until he finally sorted out my living room lights - Took him nearly a week to do it. The more you ring him directly it'll piss him off the more likely he'll get it done. I made him tell me when he was going to do it and eventually he said he'd have someone in that afternoon to fix it! So keep at him and also inform your solicitor - good luck!!!

Nope, haven't closed yet! I told him we won't until he fixes it. Checked it again this morning and it's still not finished properly. Sections behind the shower have no grout around them at all - it looks pretty shoddy. I brought Cathal up to look at it and he agreed it needed to be fixed and would do it today. Fingers crossed!!

Keep at him - I rang him every morning to deal with my issues and because you haven't closed he knows he has to do it. You can't close until your satisfied with everything! Keep looking around the place & make sure there's nothing else - little things kept popping up for me. The walls & ceiling I only noticed after I had closed!
If he says he'll get someone in on a certain day, he normally does.

I saw Rockview being advertised today in the property section of the Irish Times. 2 beds from 540,000. What was the prices of the first phase. Whats the square meters?

I was actually on the Hook & MacDonald website today. They are advertising a two bed for €480,000 & a three bed for €495,000.

The price of the two beds has risen €80,000 - €90,000 since we put our deposit down about 2 months ago.

Just looked at the website and as I put deposit down in Feb mine is up 100K in value. Now these could be the bigger 2 beds that are left. I can't see them asking that price for the standerd 747 sq ft. What a rip off, but still, I'm not complaining now.

I have bought and living in Sandyford View or cell block H as my family call it as the builder put a hideous wall that half the block faces. The parking is dreadful with one space per apartment. I would find out all the information you can before signing. I think all the residents should get onto the builder before he leaves the site and try at least get some spaces for both residents and visitors. Apart from that it's pretty much ok!

An extra space is 10K. I bought one as I'd heard about the parking situation in Sandyford View. I'd also heard about the problems with the high walls and as I'm on the ground floor, I had to get the word from the builders about how high it would be. Lucky it's only about 6 foot and my patio still gets loads of sun. I don't see any of the really high walls around Rockview. Maybe the builders learnt their lessons with what happened in Bracken Hill and Sandyford View.

Phoenix n, that ad you saw in Irish Times property was for Rockfield not Rockview. Thats the development beside Dundrum town centre. Unfortunately us residents would be lucky to get 540K for our 2 beds.

When we were looking at Rockview apts the estate agent told us that there would be a visitor parking spot for every apt! Looking out the back of Block F, which is where we are, there is no way there we'll be enough parking for everyone. Maybe if they put another line of parking spots behind the ones facing the M50 instead of having that as grass it might help the situation?

Estate agents feed you sh!t in order to get a sale. They told me the same and probably everyone else but just look what happened in Sandyford View. As a result everyones parking on the road on the way down to Rockview which gets abit tricky sometimes when theres nowhere to pull in if someones coming the opposite way. that situation will get worse if theres no visitors parking in Rockview.
I suppose the maintenance company would be the people to talk to regarding this.

Saw Rockview for the first time yesterday from the M50. How many apartments are there? Just looked high density from the road.

It's not just rockview you see from M50, its Bracken Hill, sandyford view, probably Ticknock too. Your best to come into the development rather than look from a road. And I don't think theres any left.

Bron said:
It's not just rockview you see from M50, its Bracken Hill, sandyford view, probably Ticknock too. Your best to come into the development rather than look from a road. And I don't think theres any left.

Ah! Just saw the sign 'Rockview' with apartment blocks behind it. Figured that that were them. Wasnt looking for one. If i cant walk home from city centre its too far for me.

Hi,

Have any of you had problems after closing with things that weren't on the snag list. I'v just noticed something and having real difficulty with Cathal. Solicitors don't seem to phase him at all but doesn't the contract state that they are obliged to fix things even after closing?

Hi Bron,
Its a nightmare getting anything done after the signature is on the paper. I had a problem when doing the snag list and still waiting for it to be fixed.

Hi Bron,

I was the same as well. I spotted little things after I closed and trying to get Cathal to sort it out took ages, basically I rang him every morning until it was done!!! it's the only way to do it. Also, my solicitor put the issues in a letter to the builders sols. Although, my bigger issues were spotted after this was done. Which thankfully I have finally got it sorted out. On the 5th day of ringing Cathal I asked when was he going to sort it out as I was sick of going up every morning early to open the place & he said he'd have someone in that afternoon. Keep calling him and he will get round to it eventually! Also, get in touch with your solicitor about it as well, they may be able to help you out in some way. Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back