Quarry Road, Cabra

i decided to go ahead with these apartments too. but i'm having trouble now getting bank approval. First Active are now offering me 30k less. is anybody having similar problems?

Anyone received any more info on the developments of the apartments? When they finished? When things will get going? Nothing seems to be happening and would like to get a better picture this side of Christmas!

As far as I know, paperwork has to be done now which will not be completed until the New Year. Not sure why they seem to be pro-longing it until then - anyone have any ideas?

I'm trying to get my deposit back. Things are taking far too long and then the legal stuff is still to begin. Don't believe that the apartments are worth 350,000 at all at this stage, no matter what those evaluations say. I am looking at houses in my area that if i wait a few more months can buy. much better option than an apartment with no lift or garden. where will i be if I want to start a family and go to sell, back to square one with no profit or first time buyers no stamp duty, that's where. Read the herald from a few weeks back, people are refusing offers left, right and centre.

hello I am from RTE we are researching a story on affordable housing (it is for today). Anyone want to talk about difficulties in buying affordable housing?

Regards

John Kilraine

(086) 2765292 [email protected]

hi i spoke to DCC a couple of weeks ago as i was thinking of pulling out also. there is no problem getting the deposit back but the guy i spoke to said there will be another valuation done on the property so the claw back will change.

i think i will only go ahead if the actual price is dropped as well as the claw back. Has anybody else heard anything since the meeting in city hall on tuesday?

Mine in Richmond Hall is going to be re-valued and they will loko at a price reduction to enable me to secure my mortgage.

I was told all developments will be subject to a price reduction of 20 t0 25%.....the actual recuction is yet to be decided and will be next week sometime. Heard this from DCC at 15.00 today

Hi Sinead,

I was told they were revaluing the apartments and should have a decision in the next 2 weeks..! Maybe the council are just trying to get a reduced price from the developer.

Wish someone would talk to me. I put my deposit down in October and heard nothing until end January when I received paperwork re snagging and direct debit information to return to them. Bit more information and a return phone call might be nice. I am requesting back my deposit which after about 6 phone calls and 8 emails was told wouldn't be a problem. Heard a lot of people once getting an affordable home, having trouble re maintenance fees going up every year after. Once the pension levy comes in people will have a lot less money to play around with. Best wait for a while longer....

Anybody else get a call about these being taken off the affordable housing option?
Any chance it's an April fool...?

It's a joke, the offer came through on these over a year ago. It's taken them that long to make a decision NOT to sell them because they won't make their money back, so now they are renting them to people on social welfare which is basically means they are paying themselves rent!!! No wonder the country is in such a mess.

I'm sure it is all for the best as properties in that area are decreasing in price rapidly so better off buying private anyway...

Havent heard anything about another option, I wouldnt expect to for another few months.

Back