Public Service Attitudes.

There's a link to an Indo article on another thread on this forum - the one on sick pay in PS - where the article says that certain areas of the PS have a significantly lower sick leave rate than the private sector.

Having worked in both the public sector and also for one of the biggest multinationals in Ireland, I have seen both sides of the coin. The multinational had a DAILY sick rate of 15% (yes you are reading this correctly). Staff received full pay while on sick leave. Multinational is still around and profitable. My opinion is the sick leave abuse is common in a lot of large organisations, both private and public, where employees arent missed, due to the large workforce and where certain managers dont care and can survive by keeping under the radar.

"Don't bother to post a link to anything the indo says because I won't bother to read anything that rag prints"

:)

"Don't bother to post a link to anything the indo says because I won't bother to read anything that rag prints"

:)

Thank you for that:D

It must have been where I read it from (only recently stopped reading the rubbish it spews out).

Incidentally, which paper would PS workers/defenders consider to be acceptable to quote from/link to - The IT?

Is this perceived anti-PS agenda from the Indo a recent development BTW? I have no idea, I never buy it.

Incidentally, which paper would PS workers/defenders consider to be acceptable to quote from/link to - The IT?

Is this perceived anti-PS agenda from the Indo a recent development BTW? I have no idea, I never buy it.

I'm not sure when it started but do know for a fact that it is very anti PS.

Back