Pub Sector get 12 days unpaid leave, where are the following years cuts to come from?

Re: Pub Sector get 12 days unpaid leave, where are the following years cuts to come f

There is no need for people to know what my scale or grade is.My increment was not huge, it was the norm but with the fact that the pension levy is tax deductable, the increment pretty much balanced things out. Maybe the fact that I was on unpaid leave at the start of the year might make things different for me but it wasn't nearly as bad as peopl were predicting in the media before the levy was introduced.
Sounds like the gist of this thread.

From talking to some PS employees from a wide variety of areas with vastly differing pay scales they are all of the opinion that they've taken a 7.5% pay cut already.

The facts and Union spin are 2 different things altogether in this case. Unfortunately a lot of misplaced anger seems to have been generated as a result.

Re: Pub Sector get 12 days unpaid leave, where are the following years cuts to come f

Its fascinating how many can't read their own payslip.

Someone pointed out to me the new pension levy line to try and "prove" the cut they've taken.

It wasn't until I got them to look at a pre-levy payslip that they'd realised that their PAYE deduction had also decreased.

I have been dropped from point 3 ona pay scale to lower than the entry point. Someone on point 4 of the same scale is brought closer to to point 3 than point 2. Seems increments will not be targeted.

I have been dropped from point 3 ona pay scale to lower than the entry point. Someone on point 4 of the same scale is brought closer to to point 3 than point 2. Seems increments will not be targeted.

Hopefully that won't happen again. Points scale should be scrapped. Why should someone get paid more than another just because they are in the job 12 months longer?
It's a ridiculous notion and does not allow for performance or competence.

Do you happen to know the % of workers in each grade ? I've googled it but can't find it...

Sorry Gianni in the delay in getting back to you on this.

These figures are based on full time equivlents, I think I have the exact figures and I will have another look for them.

As at 30/09/2009 and does not take into account anyone who has left on early retirement lately which was taken up by alot of senior civil servants - Assistant Principal upwards.

Secretary - 17
Deputy Secretary - 2
Assistant Secretary - 150
Principal - 750
Assistant Principal - 2080
Administrative Officer n/a
Higher Executive Officer - 3250
Executive Officer - 4890
Staff Officer - 1857
Clerical Officer -10,735
Services Officer - n/a
Services Attendant - n/a