Permanent TSB, what are they like to deal with?

What is everyone looking for from the bank? I certainly don't look for customer service, if I dont look for it, I don't expect it!!! The only real difference between the banks is the charges, all are very much the same and all provide free bank once you meet certain conditions. Online banking is the way banking is going and whatever online facility is better, is the bank I will use and hands down AIB have that.

Online banking is the way banking is going and whatever online facility is better, is the bank I will use and hands down AIB have that.
AIB online banking is not available 24hrs a day, whereas it is with others. It isn't possible to cancel a direct debit mandate through AIB online banking, whereas it is with others. These basic options are what I would expect from any online banking facility before I'd describe them as being a better option.

I don't know whether PTSB provide them, but certainly Halifax do (soon to be did) & UB.

From 2.30am to 5.30am. This might not be an issue for most people, but can be for those who work shifts or odd hours, or for people who are abroad in a different time zone.

You can cancel a DD and SO on PTSB. In the case of a DD I always write to both parties to confirm I have done it.

Back