Paid Household Charge - Feel like a fool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you noticed? - There isn't a single word on radio or television about the Household Charge. The government probably reached their real target on income for the charge. Like I said earlier, the same people pay for everything.
That's because of the upcoming referendum. It will resurface once that's out of the way.

in dundalk, our local newspaper have stated on the first page that they will enforce soon and they are prepared to take people to court. im waiting on them to call to my door!

I think the easiest way for them to clear up this mess is; If they decide that the property tax needs to be, say €400 in year one, They should announce that it is going to be €500 and discount those who have paid the registration tax by €100.

What are you going to do about it? Most countries have some form of Property/Council tax and you know Big Phil needs your dosh!

cashier, i am screwed as a paye worker. ive a big mortgage and my family comes first.....i aint paying no more and certainly not taking any more hits when im already busting my This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language working to pay bills when you have people on the welfare sitting back and collecting hundreds per week for doing nothing. why force the paye worker to pay for the banks and corrupt politicians!

I totally agree with you, in Britain it is a council tax and every one who is working has to contribute. It is a very fair system and administered perfectly. I am in London myself and I have to pay over £100 every month in Council tax. It is a very unfair system they after bringing in in Ireland.

i have no prob paying the E100 but i know that its only the start of it. what else will the politicians of this republic force us to pay. its rediculous!

Your posts are a bit confusing on this matter.

clubman, were does it all stop. just say we all pay the HH charge, whats next after it. another tax of some sort. what im trying to say is that im sick to the backbone of paying paying paying for what? we are bailing out banks, our politicians are living fantastic lives at our expense and the paye worker is still busting their ass while welfare people are collecting and calling the workers fools as they are getting it so easy with great handouts.

it has been proven that you cannot tax your way out of a recession and what are we doing!?

clubman, were does it all stop. just say we all pay the HH charge, whats next after it. another tax of some sort. what im trying to say is that im sick to the backbone of paying paying paying for what? we are bailing out banks, our politicians are living fantastic lives at our expense and the paye worker is still busting their ass while welfare people are collecting and calling the workers fools as they are getting it so easy with great handouts.

it has been proven that you cannot tax your way out of a recession and what are we doing!?

Couple of points on this:

what im trying to say is that im sick to the backbone of paying paying paying for what? we are bailing out banks

I think it's fair to say that hardly anyone likes paying taxes of any type, so using this as a reason not to pay is not really justifiable. It is a fact that we are bailing out the banks and this fact cannot be changed.

our politicians are living fantastic lives at our expense and the paye worker is still busting their ass while welfare people are collecting and calling the workers fools as they are getting it so easy with great handouts.

This is a vast generalisation and in my opinion a great insult to
Hard working politicians (there are a lot of them)

Self employed poeple (it's not only PAYE workers that bust their ass)

Social Welfare recipients (most have no choice and would much rather not be reliant on the state for support)

Couple of points on this:

I think it's fair to say that hardly anyone likes paying taxes of any type, so using this as a reason not to pay is not really justifiable. It is a fact that we are bailing out the banks and this fact cannot be changed.

This is a vast generalisation and in my opinion a great insult to
Hard working politicians (there are a lot of them)

Self employed poeple (it's not only PAYE workers that bust their ass)

Social Welfare recipients (most have no choice and would much rather not be reliant on the state for support)

my wife is self employed and i know what its like! hard working politicians eh....fantastic money also and a really really nice pension after a few years service yeah. i dont see mr.wallace giving up his role in the dail..WHY IS THIS!! easy money nice pension with alot of benefits you or i will never achieve.

bailing out the banks.....i agree we never had a chance but why call this country a republic then? why try and tax your way out of a recession as its proven not to work

my wife is self employed and i know what its like! hard working politicians eh....fantastic money also and a really really nice pension after a few years service yeah. i dont see mr.wallace giving up his role in the dail..WHY IS THIS!! easy money nice pension with alot of benefits you or i will never achieve.

bailing out the banks.....i agree we never had a chance but why call this country a republic then? why try and tax your way out of a recession as its proven not to work

Its not a succession by birth situation. You do know that any private citizen is entitled to stand for public office dont you?

If Mick Wallaces easy money and nice pension are so desirable to you, why didnt you become a politician?

Its not a succession by birth situation. You do know that any private citizen is entitled to stand for public office dont you?

If Mick Wallaces easy money and nice pension are so desirable to you, why didnt you become a politician?

because im not a liar.its not a disireable position for me and i never once stated this and also i cant make open promises which i cannot adhere to unlike many many politicians do/did in the country. we irish citizens are fools, we are paying whatever the government want us to pay.....where will it end!? how much more will we have to put into the banks? enda kenny in better paid than barrack obama for gods sake.

wallace stated that he will not pay back millions owed to the revenue from his company and he also lied to them. if i did this i would probably be in jail for fraud due to false declarations made to the revenue and also its a slap in the face where a politician can say F you why should i pay it...let someone else pick up the tab.

he has agreed to pay back the money but its has been calculated that it would take him 50-60 years to pay it full with the rate he has agreed to pay per year. great republic eh!

Don't be stressing yourself out with the likes of Wallace and his ike. I like hundreds of thousands of others voted this shower in in the last election, what alternative did we have??

The fire engine approach to the introduction of the household charge just shows how hopeless and incompetent they are at introducing new policies. You know, I recently had an interesting conversation with an english man in a London pub, he said that FF got us into this mess but in all probability they were the ones with the capability of also getting us out of this mess. I say bring back Bertie!!!

cashier dont even mention that guys name. i think he showed the new guys how to lie and deny deny deny! the bertie tribunal....how much is that costing the tax payer??? bertie is now living the life of luxury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back