New visitors - where did you hear of Askaboutmoney?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Welcome to Askaboutmoney. I hope you enjoy your visit and that you learn something and contribute something for others to learn.

We have done some promotion recently and would like to see how effective it has been. Please press the Add Reply button at the top of this page and let us know where you heard about us.

The more detailed the information the better. For example, "Evening Herald article, 10 April" is more useful than "newspaper article".

Thanks

Brendan Burgess
Founder
Askaboutmoney

From another forum

Word of mouth...I heard about it on a motoring forum at [broken link removed]

Don't know who the AAM member was that posted the link.

Word of mouth

An English collegue of mine saw a reference to AAM on the english web site motley fool, which he passed on to me

Brian.

This site is spreading like wildfire!!

I was sent it as a link in an e-mail from a fellow worker, but I've since seen it on other e-mails. Think its doing its rounds on the web-just thought you'd like to know. Well done, its a great service-but please don't start charging for it-enough great web sites have dissapointed people by doing this!!

Frequently mentioned in the Irish Independent.

This site is the best thing since slice pan.

via search engine

Never heard of it before until I stumbled across it in Google when searching for information on Irish property.

5-7 Live

Hi, I heard you mention this website on 5-7 live earlier this week, the special programme about SSIA's.

Lynn

where did you hear of Askaboutmoney

20/04/02

I heard you (Brendan) being interviewed on the Radio several times in the past month or longer - probably 57live or RTE 1 before 9am news. Your site was also mentioned on 57live last Tuesday.

Askaboutmoney was also referred to in an otherwise not very good article in the Sunday Independent a couple of weeks ago.

In fact you seem to have had amazing Media (meja)
coverage! - so, I suggest you immediately give a rise to your PR person. If yourself, then maybe an alternative career for later!!

If this goes I will be amazed since I have been unable to post a query to your site (I'm unregistered) even though you say I have. I haven't so far as I know.

Incidentally, I also got my first virus (a worm I believe) this week and have spent this evening running Norton Rescue disc!! Well worth it (based on reading your site) even though I have still to decide what, if anything, to do.

Quinn Life was rated No 1 in the Irish Times business section on 8 March 2002. I still think it's a bit like backing a horse. Still, in spite of contrary advice, I am still thinking Quinn Euro whatever it is.

Sherib

discussion board & Irish Times

Heard about it aaaaaaaaages ago on a discussion board (p45rant.com), looked it up, thought 'that's pretty good', bookmarked it, and then promptly forgot about it because my finances were kind of plodding along without the need for intervention. Then 2 wks ago I was reading the Irish Times section on SSIAs, saw the site mentioned and remembered I'd looked at it before & been impressed. So paid a quick visit to the SSIA forum & have since been trying to cure my ignorance of property finance in your homes/mortgages forum. Thanks for all the advice! Congrats on a great site.

Just what ireland has been crying out for :)

I've been a long time fan of the motleyfool website in the UK and was resigned to the fact that financial issues & discussion thereof was just not gonna happen here in Ireland. when BANG - in the space of one week (some time ago) I SURFED IN to bestvalueireland.com and the infinitely more useful AAM.

Thanx and keep up the good work

Just a thought - Is AAM in danger of becoming toooooo big? :eek

Hi Chip

I suggested an Irish version of the Motley Fool to them, but they felt it wasn't justified financially, so I set up Askaboutmoney.

I don't think it can be too big? There are still lots of people who haven't heard of it yet, who could benefit from it

Brendan

Back