New Central Heating System - how much should I budget?

thanks pache and villa.

plumber now steering me away from ufh. have read so many posts on subject that i'm also thinking money better spent upping spec on insulation if that's still poss. at this stage. will stick with solar for the DHW and compliance with building reg.s. should i do this, i have been advised that i will only need 1 stove +BB. am thinking of this fine wire HRV thing for ventilation. the stove would be running fairly regularly, though not all the time. head bursting with worry as hole in ground nearly full, decision time approaching fast and engineer to keep happy!

You could use a buffer tank to hold heated water for ufh.

to be honest you are mad to do what you are doing with only solid fuel. Why bring that heart ache on to yourself?

Insulate is key, as much as you can afford and fit in place.

im a plumber 14 years exp and evething villa1 has said is totally true
qualplex is for handymen .
any good plumber will insist himself on copper and solder jointing on a central
heating system
another problem with qualplex is although it durable and resists corrosion,
it also breeds and take oxygen into the system which in time will corrode the radiators .
they have designed new qualplex wit an oxygen barrier {a small ring of alluminium inside the tubing } but all in all if you get a plumber and he is using qualplex u may
have a go at doin it yourself and save a few quid

viesmann are a great boiler but are set up for continuos hot water installs
ie with the first 2 pipes as primary heating rad uf ect and second 2 direct ton hot water coil so find out wat sort off install

Back