Munster -v- Leinster

Kitten

To be brief:-

I am married to an ex Leinster captain who is also an ex Irish - British Lion.
I am from Munster, I am an avid Munster supporter. We met through rubgy.
I go to the games I can and I get tickets via my husband / father in law who is heavily involved in a well known south county Dublin rugby club.

Today, on discussion of getting tickets for the upcoming game my father in law has said that he will only give us tickets if I absolutely 100% guarantee NOT to wear my Munster jersey as it is a Leinster allocated seat.

Discussion or opinion greatly appreciated as I am at a loss for words?

Thanks.
Kitten

Yeah, it's mad. The Leinster supporters club have come out and said if they see red in Leinster allocated seats, it will affect the distribution of international tickets. It's crazy talk. They do not want a repeat of '06 when large blocks of Leinster allocated seating were completey red, that day the blue was outnumbered heavily by the red.

It's a real shame considering how many Munster people live in Dublin/Leinster and are involved at local club level. I would evemn suspect it breaks our equilty law somehow.

Bottom line is, it can't really be enforced and Croke park will be a sea of red.

My advice, take his ticket and wear red, that will show him.

It's crazy alright, no matter what Leinster SC do it will be a sea of red, but it looks like they're trying to annoy the grassroots, who are involved in the clubs aswell.

Bloody boggers, most of you live in Dublin anyway; you should support your local team :D :p

If fairness to the Dad, he'll get some slagging off if its found out that he gave out that ticket!

COME ON MUNSTER!!!

I think Leinster Rugby as they like to be called should be ashamed of themselves. On one hand they are allowing members and season ticket holders to buy up to 6 tickets per member and more or less do what they like with them(selling on ebay and buy&sell for crazy money) and on the other hand, giving a very limited supply of tickets to clubs and telling them that they will be refused tickets in future if any of those tickets end up being occupied by a Munster supporter.

Will Leinster supporters even go to the north side?

Leinster are the best supported team in Ireland (though I fully expect Munster to unleash another master class rugby with Leinster on the receiving end yet again).

Leinster are the best supported team in Ireland (though I fully expect Munster to unleash another master class rugby with Leinster on the receiving end yet again).

Only in the Celtic league and that will change now we have a revamped Thomond.

Lenister will have to bring their A game to compete on the day. Munster have to turn up and play like they have been, leinster at the moment have problems. I hope for their sake Dr Phil brings his kicking boots.

Maybe in numbers.

Not even in numbers :)

Magners League Average Attendance (7 home games)

Leinster - 15,783

Munster - 17,643 (3 games at Musgrave park)

Heineken Cup Average Attendance (3 home games)

Leinster - 17680

Munster - 25041

I'm a Leinster man, but have Munster in my blood. I'd sersiouly doubt we would see thousands of Leinster fans on O'Connell Street in Dublin on Heineken Cup Final day as we did see Munster fans last year and in 2006 in Limerick.

Not even in numbers :)

Magners League Average Attendance (7 home games)

Leinster - 15,783

Munster - 17,643 (3 games at Musgrave park)

Heineken Cup Average Attendance (3 home games)

Leinster - 17680

Munster - 25041
Bit selective there Ronan.

Heineken Cup is 3 home games and 3 away games (correct me if i'm wrong) - I forgot to include the 1/4 final games but Munster were home, while Leinster were away.

Magners League is 7 home and 7 away (again correct me if i'm wrong)

Anyway attendances are only one part of the story... Everyone knows that Manchester Utd have the biggest stadium and its full every week, but Manchester City are the biggest supported team in Manchester. Strange but true.

Back to topic, Niallers came up with the best answer.. Wear the Blue of Munster

Back