Most memorable tv programmes

ZIG and ZAG

The reached a level of comedy I have never seen since on childrens TV...even when my little girl makes me sit through hours of it.

Anyone remember them doing their Giles and Dunphy parody....Amoan Grumpy and Johny Styles.....

And the Rotten Apple Club with MR. COMEDY on a Friday evening just before the end of the program....

Anyone know what the 2 lads do these days? I am guessing they are someway involved in Podge and Rodge.,...anyone remember how Podge used be their dodgy postman....before he kidnapped Santa!!!!!!

Boomerang

Penelope Pitstop and Danger Mouse are currently residing on Boomerang for those of you with Chorus or Sky. Its great for all the old Tom and Jerry cartoons and Scooby Doo's.

Tom & Jerry
Fraggle Rock

... ah the simple things in life.

V was class when I was allowed to watch it.

Re: Boomerang

V
Red Dwarf (pre-canned laughter remakes)
Twin Peaks
Twilight Zone (colour version from the 80's I think)
Jamie and his magic torch (was watching the DVD's the other day - forgot the title song was so long!)

Robin Hood 5:30 Thursday afternoon

The Avengers
The New Avengers
Marcus Welby MD
The Brothers
The 1974 World Cup sereies in Colour!

Can anyone remember what Mick Dunne's Handball program was called all I rembember was the various alley sizes 60X40.

Spasky Vs Fisher (was that on telly?)

ajapale

...jeez how could I forget that we were bombarded with handball on Sports Stadium on Saturday afternoons with the all Ireland champion for 47 year running - Pat Kirby

how about....
Baile Beag
Mr McGoo (probably so politically incorrect that it will never be seen again on TV!)

Today Tonight, with Pat Kenny and a pair of glasses like you wouldn't believe.

The Eurovision, when you were too young to realise that you could watch the voting without sitting through the songs.

Bosco..
Gregory Granoige. (spelling????)
The Magic Door.
(who remembers the rhyme?
Knock, Knock open wide, see what's on the other side..
Knock, Knock a little more, come with me through the
magic door).

Was TV genuinely better, or are we just remembering the good stuff? I'm trying to think of shows that are on right now that I'll remember in 25 years time.
Friends, The Simpsons, The West Wing, Law And Order.
That's about it. And I don't have particular affection for any of them.

-Rd

Father ted, that will just run and run and run!!

What about Trumpton ??
All together now
One, two Barney McGoo .....
The excitement when that bell went in the fire station

...at was the name of that show that Bibi Baskin used to proesent about 4 nights a week at around 7pm - I think along with Richard Crowley? Anyone remember?

Re: BiBi

- nope not called Bibi - (well the first show she had anyway!) as far as I can recall

Today Tonight, with Pat Kenny and a pair of glasses like you wouldn't believe.

..even before the Today Tonight era didn't we have 7 Days

And where would you like to be buried?

"Up tp me bo****cks in BiBi Baskiin" (Contestant on Larry G or perhaps Gerry Ryan Show RTE radio 2 year: ???)

Someone mentioned that McGoo is not repeated, which is not true I've seen quite a few, but for some reason I never see Snagelpuss..do you remember the pink Lion, feline even....exit stage left.

Nat

Saturday evening were best

Wrestling - who remembers Mick McManus,Les Kellet followed by Dr Who -exterminate, then Robin Hood with the aptly named Richard Greene. Stay up late for The Epilogue!

oldies but goodies

Saturday at about 5.30 The Lone Ranger
and can anyone recall the father checking the pools on a Saturday and listening to the footie results from bbc radio and that thumping great theme tune they had.

T.V programmes

Does anyone remember Play the Game I think it was called with Twink and Ronan Collins captaining Charades teams. Cringe inducing or what.

Is it me or has the quality of RTE gone down a lot in the past year. Last night on RTE one was Eastenders, an import soap, Fair City which I cann't bear to watch, The Restaurant and The programme about Crumlin hospital were both repeats on at prime viewing time.
On the other end of the scale you have excellent programmes like the sopranos and The West Wing past my bed time!

Back