Most memorable tv programmes

re:

Do you remember this one??

Stand back superman, Iceman, Spiderman, Batman and Robin too, The one who causes rocus for B.A. Baraccus she's the one for you, She makes them look like a bunch of babies........
Stand about, look out for SUPERGRAN!!!!!!

Fawlty MASH

Fawlty Towers:

Mrs. Richards: " When I pay for a view I expect to see something more interesting than that."
Basil: " That is Torquay, madam."
Mrs. R: " Well, it's not good enough."
Basil: " Well...may I ask what you were hoping to see from a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeeste sweeping majestically..."

Also MASH.

More RTE stuff

How about

RTE:
Anything goes
Going strong
Superstars
Top Score
Murphy's micro 'em
Bosco

Import:
The electric Company

They don't make them like they used to....

Of course this is a mechanism to get the AAM age demographic. So just to throw you...Dathai Lacha

Nat

tv progs

Its an age thing I know.
Danger Man - Patrick McGoogan
The Saint - Roger Moore
The Avengers - Diana Rigg ( Steed never changed)
Liver Birds - I like Liverpool ( not the team)
Top of the Pops - At this stage I could add not the rubbish on now but that would sound pretty much like what my parents were saying 25/30 odd years ago.
The Man from Uncle
Naked City
The Fugutive

Where do you apply for a pension anyway?

Quicksilver

Wouldn't a rerun of Quicksilver be brilliant?

The fashion, the audience, the questions, the technology ("stop the lights"),the stakes ("now the O'Mahony's are up 75p!").

Like children of famine survivors, our children might appreciate us more if they saw what we endured.

TV

Hall's Pictorial Weekly....
frank Kelly in his hayday with the local council from Ballymagash...a classic

How true, Ninsaga, and a sad commentary on progress that it hasn't been bettered or even equalled since then. (Well, maybe Scrap Saturday, but that was radio) Remember the Minister for Hardship and the Cork Branch of the mothers of Seven Conference, Dimples O'Deary, Crank Fluskey and the rest of them. God, I can almost smell the 1970's........

Shows up Bull Island for the lazy piece of rubbish that it is. No danger of that rocking the system.

Don't mention the war

And surely the funniest moment EVER on television:

From Fawlty Towers

Basil (after promising not to mention the war): But you started it!
German: No we didn't.
Basil: Yes you did; you invaded Poland!

Shirley Temple films. I bawled during each episode. My very mean brothers used to provide a basin and towel at the opportune moment.

Marion :hat

St Trinians films
Laurel & Hardy
Harold Lloyd
Abbott & Costello

......& I really don't think that I'm that old to be honest...

Someone else mentioned Wanderly Wagon - well what about Forty Coats going around Dublin Bay singing "When the Tide Goes Out"
ninsaga

Never liked "forty coats"....

Never liked "forty coats" there was something about him......

To add to the list.
The Three Stooges
The Marx Brothers
Star Trek - The First Series

Re: Never liked "forty coats"....

The Greatest American Hero. - Brilliant.

Watching Scarecrow And Mrs King after having a bath on
Saturday evening. Sitting in front of a roaring fire to heat the bath water.

Trying to figure out who dunnit before Jessica Fletcher did.

Coming home from school and to watch Zig and Zag, the only puppets ever to present a kids show that didn't suck. Missing an hour of the show when you went from Primary to Secondary School. Getting to see it all when you started College.

I'll have a P please Bob!

Actually waking up before 11 on Saturday just to hear (and tape) Scrap Saturday. Is there any other radio program that could get you out of bed at 11 on a Saturday?

If the tapes still exist of Hall's Pictorial Weekly it's unforgivable that we have to endure The Lyrics Board with a gem like that in the Vault.

I see RTE have now changed to a policy of making it difficult to watch the little good TV they show. Still pumping out The West Wing at 10:45pm.

I think most fans of TV shows today are giving up on the broadcasters and buying or renting the shows on DVD instead.

-Rd

Oh yes and Family Ties "sha la la la"

The A-Team: "I pity da fool"

Alf: Remember he liked eating cats! and is also due to make a comback by the way..;)

West Wing

"Still pumping out The West Wing at 10:45pm."

Why does RTE have this annoying habit now and again of changing the WW time slot when it has scheduling problems (or something)? :\

TV

Mash (but ONLY the one WITHOUT the canned laughter - there was something that ruined a show!)
V was top for it's time
Airwolf
Knightrider

Deck's Files

I liked the first few series of the X files in the Mid 1990s

Re: Deck's Files

Why does RTE have this annoying habit now and again of changing the WW time slot when it has scheduling problems (or something)?

Because they're ******* idiots. I gave up and bought seasons 1, 2 & 3. Waiting eagerly for season 4. Everytime the screen goes black I expect an Ad break, and it doesn't happen. It's wonderful.

I reckon if I buy enough DVD's Books etc future generations of daltonrs will be able to survive without broadcast TV. That's the plan.

-Rd

Tales of the Unexpected.

The Twilight Zone

Billy Liar

The Smurfs
The famous five

Lassie

Peneloe Pitstop

Alias Smith and Jones
Danger Mouse - wasted on kids!
The Onedien (sp?) Line
Follyfoot Farm
The Andy Williams Show
Doctor Who (the Petwee era)
The Virginia
The Professionals (Martin Shaw - Sarah swoons and drools!)

memories, memories.....

Sarah

Back