Most memorable lines from the movie's/TV...anywhere!

I think I know the screenplay from Blade Runner off by heart.
The Princess Bride is an absolute classic. Another one from that;
Main character brought to the healer (Billy Crystal)
"How is he?"
"He's dead, but I've seen worse"

From Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sister hood. A car load of older ladies racing to help one of their life time friends.

"I hope this isn't a real emergency, I only brought one bottle of vodka."

In Batman some politician on TV is saying " we will make the streets safe for decent people"

Jack Nicholson as The Batman is watching and sneers " Decent people shouldn't live here. They'd be happier somewhere else"

Joel McCrea at the end of Hitchcock's "Foreign Corespondent":

"Okay, we'll tell 'em, then. I can't read the rest of the speech I had, because the lights have gone out, so I'll just have to talk off the cuff. All that noise you hear isn't static - it's death, coming to London. Yes, they're coming here now. You can hear the bombs falling on the streets and the homes. Don't tune me out, hang on a while - this is a big story, and you're part of it. It's too late to do anything here now except stand in the dark and let them come... as if the lights were all out everywhere, except in America. Keep those lights burning, cover them with steel, ring them with guns, build a canopy of battleships and bombing planes around them. Hello, America, hang on to your lights: they're the only lights left in the world"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI2sz-JGZJc&feature=related

Interesting fact about Fredo Corleone mentioned in the Godfather quote above. The character was played by John Cazale who appeared in only 5 movies - all 5 of which were nominated for Best Picture oscars.
The Godfather, The Conversation, The Godfather Part II, Dog Day Afternoon and The Deer Hunter.
Died at 42.

It's actually 6.
Archive footage of him was also used in The Godfather Part III, which was also nominated for the best picture award.

John Wayne destroying the final scene of the Ten Commandments with his American drawl "He (space) surely (space) was (space) the (space) son (space) of (space) Gaad".

John Wayne destroying the final scene of the Ten Commandments with his American drawl "He (space) surely (space) was (space) the (space) son (space) of (space) Gaad".

?? Do you mean This post will be deleted if not edited immediately of Nazareth or something? Ten commandments was a few yrs before the This post will be deleted if not edited immediately showed up!!

?? Do you mean This post will be deleted if not edited immediately of Nazareth or something? Ten commandments was a few yrs before the This post will be deleted if not edited immediately showed up!!

It was " The Greatest Story ever told " with John Wayne playing a centurion present at the crucifixion which I saw in the cinerama cinema as a kid - that scene is indelibly imprinted on my mind.

If memory serves me right there was a roman soldier wearing a watch in another scene from the film.

" Forget it , Jake. It's Chinatown."

Addressed to Jack Nicholson as Jake Gittes in Polanski's wonderful movie - Chinatown.

Walter Sobchak: Smokey, this is not Nam. This is bowling, there are rules.

The Dude: Come on man. I had a rough night and I hate the .... Eagles man!

Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh the usual. I bowle, drive around, the occasional acid flashback.

Has to be from 'Mr. Deeds goes to town' with Gary Cooper and the two ol' ladies. Scene at 3.20 mins "why everybody in Mandrake Falls is pixelated except us".

Led to regular slag at home years ago about it/whatever happened because you're pixelated :)

From Parenthood:
"I wouldnt live with you if the world was flooded with p1ss and you lived in a tree."

From Point Break:
"You know nothing. In fact you know less than nothing. If you even knew that you knew nothing, that would be something. But you dont."

Last edited:
Platoon:
"If you cant talk son, key the handset twice"

Where Eagles Dare:
"Broadsword calling Danny Boy. Broadsword calling Danny Boy"

Both excellent quotes for the ski slopes on the walkie talkie :p

Back