Most beautiful women of the century

The results of a survey in Britain to decide the most beautiful women of the last century were as follows:

1. Audrey Hepburn
2. Cheryl Cole
3. Marilyn Monroe
4. Angelina Jolie
5. Grace Kelly
6. Scarlett Johansson
7. Halle Berry
8. Diana, Princess of Wales
9. Kelly Brook
10. Jennifer Aniston

Some of the names raised a few eyebrows in our office, particularly Cheryl Cole, Princess Diana and Kelly Brook. What do other AAMers think?

Cheryl Cole (born 30-Jun-1983) & Scarlett Johansson (born 22-Nov-1984) shouldn't even be on the list of nominees given their age at the turn of the century

The original list was evidently compiled by readers of Hello / Heat / The Our Boys.

Here is the definitive list :

Vivienne Leigh
2. Audrey Hepburn
3. Marilyn Monroe
4. Brigitte Bardot
5. Grace Kelly
6. Merle Oberon
7. Jane Russell
8. Racquel Welch
9. Sophia Loren
10. Claudia Cardinale

Notice how your screen glows and shimmers and almost melts just from proximity to a list containing the names of these fabulous females.

She'd be in my "attractive" genre - but fails in "beauty" and comes a bit short in "sexiness". Just so you know. :p

Go back and watch kill Bill & Pulp Fiction, her beauty and sexiness factors might take a jump.

The original list was evidently compiled by readers of Hello / Heat / The Our Boys.

Interestingly it was compiled by QVC, the shopping channel. Might be a sweeping generalisation, but given the demographics of that channel's viewers I would conclude that most of those who voted were in fact women.

The list probably says more about who women think are attractive when compared to those the lads have identified.

I'm going to go local with some additions to my list:

Gráinne Seoige (back on the market)
Clelia Murphy
Sharon Ní Bheoláin
Miriam O'Callaghan

From my youth:

Erin Gray
Diana Rigg
Julie Newmar

Last edited:
Lets not forget Farrah Fawcett and that poster. Might not be the most beautiful woman but it certainly left an impression!

Lets not forget Farrah Fawcett and that poster. Might not be the most beautiful woman but it certainly left an impression!

+1.

Like the "Girl playing tennis with an itchy bum" poster. Well she looked ok from behind anyway and left an impression, though it was probably originally a poster for ring worm ointment or something.

Indeed but there should probably be a seperate thread for women with faces like a slapped ar**e. Helps people into that sort of thing find what they are looking for alot easier.

Nothing to do with slapped posteriors but I find Dawn French incredibly sexy and attractive.

There, I've said it.

+1 for Miriam O'Callaghan, I love her.

Also, strangely, Ellen. My husband gets really worried when I sky+ her.

You are nominating Miriam O'Callaghan for the most beautiful woman of the century?????

Back