Men's issues being discussed

Women have no legal disadvantages, quite the opposite in fact, but they still face sexism and they have children and so the reality is that in a small business if you are hiring a person for a key role which cannot be done by anyone else a woman who might start a family within the next 5 to 10 years is at a disadvantage. Yes, men face their own problems as well but that's not the question you asked.

Everyone faces sexism yet feminists only seem interested in one gender....is that not what sexism is?

Regarding employing people if you read the CSO figures from say 2011 you'll see that women work about 80% of the time (on average) that men do (31 hrs compared to 39 hrs).

No they don't.

There are always bigots and sexists, but I don't count them as people.

They are, or would be if they heard them, by every woman I know whether they identify themselves as a feminist or not.

Clementine Ford is a well known writer in Australia, if there was any consideration for men at all then people like her would never have jobs in the public sphere.

When Julie Bindle called for all men to be put into concentration camps, there was nothing but silence from feminists.

Attacking women who see feminism as a battle between the sexes is fine but saying all feminism is anti-men is nonsense.

So show me what I asked for which is an article from a mainstream feminist source that has anything good to say about boys, men or masculinity without wanting to change them into a feminist version of what they are.

The article above really doesn't do that at all, read the comments and get the same picture I got which is even yet more male hatred.

I heard a feminist author and screen writer being interviewed. I can't remember her name but she was the first screen writer on a Soap in the UK back in the early 70's. She said she was appalled by how some women now treat men and she used the great line that "equality does not mean dominance". She's a feminist. Is she wrong?

Was that Doris Lessing by any chance?

The question I'd ask is, "Is she a feminist?", or "Has she also been fooled into believing the lie that feminism=equality"

Everyone faces sexism yet feminists only seem interested in one gender....is that not what sexism is?
That like saying people who raise awareness of cruelty to animals don't care about sick children.

Regarding employing people if you read the CSO figures from say 2011 you'll see that women work about 80% of the time (on average) that men do (31 hrs compared to 39 hrs).
Yes. Why is that?

There are always bigots and sexists, but I don't count them as people.
That's a little ironic.

Was that Doris Lessing by any chance?
I think it was Paula Milne but I'm not sure.

The question I'd ask is, "Is she a feminist?", or "Has she also been fooled into believing the lie that feminism=equality"
It is your opinion that feminism does not mean equality and an opinion is not a fact. The article I posted did conclude that such tags are not helpful as they polarise people. I tend to agree. That doesn't mean that most women who identify as a feminist hate or want to subjugate men. It just means such groupings have outlived their usefulness.

It is your opinion that feminism does not mean equality and an opinion is not a fact. The article I posted did conclude that such tags are not helpful as they polarise people. I tend to agree. That doesn't mean that most women who identify as a feminist hate or want to subjugate men. It just means such groupings have outlived their usefulness.

There are hundreds if not hundreds of thousands of really awful things from feminists about boys men and masculinity....Surely it should be easy to find just one thing from a mainstream feminists with something good to say about boys, men or masculinity without wanting to change them into a feminist version of what they are?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are hundreds if not hundreds of thousands of really awful things from feminists about boys men and masculinity....Surely it should be easy to find just one thing from a mainstream feminists with something good to say about boys, men or masculinity without wanting to change them into a feminist version of what they are?
Christina Hoff Sommers

Christina Hoff Sommers

Oh yeah "real feminists" love her!

Note this bit from CHS

Sommers wrote, "I was shocked! I never saw the classroom as a place to pass on my beliefs to students."

So she sent away for more textbooks-- and saw more of the same. So she went to the American Philosophy Association to raise her issues. She entered this presentation knowing that issues brought before the APA are always contentious -- but usually everyone, being reasonable adults, goes out for drinks after.

Sommers recalls, "We did not go out for drinks after. There was hissing, and booing, and stamping their feet. And that evening, I was excommunicated from a religion I didn't even know existed."

Prior to this event, Sommers' articles had occasionally been included in feminist studies texts -- and after, that stopped.

I saw an awareness advert on RTE yesterday where the man was the victim. Good to see a little bit of balance.

Back