leaving the country owing 35k .what will happen

The law in this country is a rogues charter and people successfully dodge debts forever and many do leg it to warmer climates with no comeback.

There are times one would be better doing the same. I am sure that I am not alone in thinking so. This country is a joke.

Well I'm glad I've found someone else who thinks the same ;) I'm still hopping mad especially when I hear the schenagins about the ministers severance payments. The truth is the only people who will pay anything are the honest people.

Personal responsibility and rules and laws are all very well but it's no good if they don't apply to everybody.

I'm inclined to agree with the last two posters, and feel that the example being set by our government will actually end up forcing ordinary decent working people into skulduggery and a black market, not a good thing for society.

hmm it seems that it is possible and if a sumons cant be issued it is possible , and with the statue of limitations i wouldnt have to leave for that long , so i will enjoy my time away , and for the other reply im not breaking the law , its a civil matter ,which to be honest the way the banks have behaved in the last ten years I dont feel that bad about doing it , i have payed tax for 12 years here so technicly ive been paying for the goverment to prop up the banks , for them to pursue me and try and imprison me , no thanks .... they can persue me for every penny but they wont get it , due to the fact that ill be gone in 3 weeks

There are at least 4 spelling mistakes and numerous grammatical errors above; in just one sample paragraph.

Here's a piece of contstructive advice for the OP: when you are on your travels, take an English grammar/spelling course. By improving your communication skills, you might improve your chances of holding down a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csirl http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=853097#post853097
In these days where everything is available online quickly I've no doubt that the OP will have no chance of getting credit or mortgage in Oz. Bank will seek Irish credit ratings/references.

Really? How? The DPA will prevent the data being sent outside the EU.
OZ banks to not have access to Irish records nor do they ask.
Have you proof?

Court judgements, Stubbs Gazette etc. etc. are all available online and accessable anywhere in the world. A previous poster mentioned companies seeking judgements so that they have them on file. They also seek them so that there is a public record that the person is uncreditworthy. There are also companies who compile this data into credit reports and supply credit rating based on them. All perfectly legal as it uses published public records.

I would find it hard to believe that a bank in Oz would give e.g. a mortgage to a recently arrived foreigner without seeking some information on their credit rating from their home country.

There are at least 4 spelling mistakes and numerous grammatical errors above; in just one sample paragraph.

Here's a piece of contstructive advice for the OP: when you are on your travels, take an English grammar/spelling course. By improving your communication skills, you might improve your chances of holding down a job.

lol i do agree with what you said about the op, but i cant resist to point out contstructive.

We'll just call that a typo and not send you off on a course!

thank you , if i am i will , but to be honest i dont feel as bad as the bankers and hedge fund managers and sub prime lenders that took millions of peoples money and left them homeless and jobless which is where i am at the moment ....

Stop being an idieot - grow a set of b-lls and face your responsabilities. There are over 300000 people on the dole who have mortgages and car loans who are dealing with their problems not running away. These are the people who should feel hard done by what the bankers not people like you who gambled their life away.

Or i could book myself into that course with the op, as the bf has just walked past and told me that is the right spelling.

And there i was thinking i was smart pointing out yours lol mmmmmmm how do you delete posts again??

So just for the sake of knowing whats the difference between constructive and contstructive.

I would find it hard to believe that a bank in Oz would give e.g. a mortgage to a recently arrived foreigner without seeking some information on their credit rating from their home country.

Really and there was me thinking that the banking instutions in Ireland were falling over themselves and running down the streets of Dublin to give money to Developers, never mind all the people who got 100% mortgages despite having multiple credit cards, overdrafts and car loans. Maybe they don't do that in Oz you could be right and they do proper credit checks there.

Of course people should have personal responsibility for their own loans. It is ridiculous to try and use the banks and the government as scapegoats for not paying back loans. Why should one person be able to take out €35K and sail off into the sunset? I can't believe there are posters actually agreeing with the OP.

I have a friend with three small kids and last year she took out a loan of €3k to go on their first family holiday (neither she nor her partner would earn huge sums). She paid the loan back last month and was delighted with herself. Loans are not free money. What planet does the OP live on. The institutions will register Judgments against the OP and those Judgments will stay as a matter of public record for years to come (the statute of limitations has nothing to do with this). The OP will find it impossible to get credit in this country again.

And that is not a bad thing!

Can you all not clearly see that the poster who started this thread is on a wind up.

Last edited:
How is it clearly seen? Some people do this ya know. The OP wouldnt be the first to skip out on his debts.

Good on you, what should you pay the banks if you can get away with it.

Alot of nonsense and hysteria from people here.

Obviously the less hassle option is to pay back the money but if you dont have it and there is a better opportunity then go for it.

F*** the begrudgers in this forum.

The bank does their risk management and reap the benefits.

At the end of the day its just business.

Anyone putting the pressure on you because of moral guilt is not talking money or sense and should logon to a Green Party debate forum

I'd recommend you get proper legal advise and base your decision on fact, logic and reason.

And have the crack

I'd recommend you get proper legal advise and base your decision on fact, logic and reason.

And have the crack

Proper legal advice on how to leave the country owing 35K???? What time does the spaceship leave at to get to your planet?

Point is, he owes the money end of! there are no ifs ands or buts here, he owes the money because he borrowed it therefore he needs to pay it back. The guy has a gambling problem why the hell should somebody else foot his bill???

Well look at the situation, it is unlikely the bank will ever see their money.

Moral outrage won't change that.

The bank took a risk, they lost. Time to move on.

Planet Reality

The smart ones are all the execs who are now on Golden Handshakes and have also done a runner. At least they have cash.

The Mugs are the honest citizens that pay the bills and justify it to themselves as being 'good honest citizens'

Get real.

I wouldnt put my kids through that programmed insanity.

One life, its there for the taking

I wouldnt put my kids through that programmed insanity.

One life, its there for the taking

Wow, genius idea, we all run up debts then don't pay blaming the bankers for our mistakes. Life is there for the taking but personal responsibility has to play a part. Bankers were great until people had to pay back their loans.

Him fleeing gambling debts means he's not addressing his problem, he like all addicts blames somebody else for their problems. He's weak, his plan is weak and the excuses behind it are weak.

I'm out, I have a spaceship to catch!

The reason the lad got into debt is the money was thrown at him, nobody bothered checking until he couldnt pay it back. They didnt care if he paid back the cash from gambling or anything 'immoral' once it was paid back. Now they have the hounds after him. Bankers were never great. They are legal loan sharks with the law as their henchmen. Screw up and they'll take everything you own and throw you in jail. You will be their slave working all your life to 'pay back' what you owe them. They take a cut from every deal as 'interest'. They make that from you and me slaving away paying interest on a mortgage that is equivalent to the price of your house. Good on the lad for doing a runner, good luck to him in his new life.

Back