Is it time to give the nutters more publicity?

You can find it in any church or religious place of worship. The older ones are called religions. The newer ones are called cults but they are pretty much the same thing.
I don't think you can sue anyone but if you do let me know; I went to the Christian Brothers and they never touched me. It had a terrible effect on my self esteem.
I like it

There are clearly some crackpots out there but it's important not to tar all protesters with the same brush. Some do have relevant civil liberties arguments that deserve to be heard and that should help inform government policy during Covid. For example, provided all protocols regarding testing and quarantine are being observed, I'm not sure the near-blanket travel ban is justified given how severely it interferes with people's basic constitutional rights. The media's tendency to depict all dissenters as QAnon-type nutters is not helpful.

If a segment have relevant, rational, thought-out positions, they would do their cause a lot of good by not sharing platforms with anti-science, 5G-sceptics & "RTE have babies in the basement" type of groups.

They can't complain about being lumped in with the QAnon types if they keep hanging out with them - and don't disassociate themselves from the views

They can't complain about being lumped in with the QAnon types if they keep hanging out with them - and don't disassociate themselves from the views
Or the QAnon/"RTE eats babies"-types choose to hang out with their more sensible counterparts. Organizers of public protests can't control who's attending. Protests relating to legitimate causes being hijacked by extreme political sects is a constant problem in Ireland.

Or the QAnon/"RTE eats babies"-types choose to hang out with their more sensible counterparts. Organizers of public protests can't control who's attending. Protests relating to legitimate causes being hijacked by extreme political sects is a constant problem in Ireland.

The protest was organised by "Riseup Eireann" - an outfit which had been pushing RT conspiracy memes before their account was taken down. It included posts on "Elite Pedophiles", "Criminal Government Pharma Cartel", "Corrupt Media and Dark Agenda" etc. A number of the people associated with it were also involved with the Irish Yellow Vests, Irish Freedon Party and National Front Ireland - as well as part of the G'OD & Waters activities.

So the nutters didn't just turn up and hang out with their more sensible counterparts. These were the people organising it

The protest was organised by "Riseup Eireann" - an outfit which had been pushing RT conspiracy memes before their account was taken down. It included posts on "Elite Pedophiles", "Criminal Government Pharma Cartel", "Corrupt Media and Dark Agenda" etc. A number of the people associated with it were also involved with the Irish Yellow Vests, Irish Freedon Party and National Front Ireland - as well as part of the G'OD & Waters activities.

So the nutters didn't just turn up and hang out with their more sensible counterparts. These were the people organising it
O'Doherty is filth, so no surprise to learn she is involved.

The normal thing would be to accept the high death ratio to cases .The sceptic in me would ask why are there now loads of backdated deaths in the numbers as in only 14 of today's in march.Nothing to do with being a nutjob.

The normal thing would be to accept the high death ratio to cases .The sceptic in me would ask why are there now loads of backdated deaths in the numbers as in only 14 of today's in march.Nothing to do with being a nutjob
It can take up to 3 months for deaths to be registered and recorded, that's a bureaucratic aspect long predating before the pandemic and has been consistent all through it. RTE's Fergal Bowers breaks down the deaths by when they actually occurred so it's not as if the info is not in the public domain.
Just as there tends to be a drop in cases in early part of week (as doctors are closed over weekends) and a spike in middle of week as people referred for tests on mondays get their results.
People can read too much into things.

The normal thing would be to accept the high death ratio to cases .The sceptic in me would ask why are there now loads of backdated deaths in the numbers as in only 14 of today's in march.Nothing to do with being a nutjob.
Yes, that's a good point. It's not even the numbers but the fact that a clear distinction between backdated deaths and current ones is not being made. The only figure we should be getting is the up to date deaths. Adding in numbers from last month tells us nothing about trends.

RTE's Fergal Bowers breaks down the deaths by when they actually occurred so it's not as if the info is not in the public domain.
Just as there tends to be a drop in cases in early part of week (as doctors are closed over weekends) and a spike in middle of week as people referred for tests on mondays get their results.
People can read too much into things.
The notification RTE and the Irish Times sends to my phone just gives the headline number. The backdated deaths should not be included in that number.

Deaths are a lagging indicator. Cases are a leading indicator. Hospital inpatient and ICU admissions, inpatient numbers and discharges are probably the most relevant timely indicator.

The point being with so many of our vunerable vaccinated and the numbers dropping I'd expect also to go back to very little deaths certainly not to be told about January ones in march .The figures don't really stack up

The point being with so many of our vunerable vaccinated and the numbers dropping I'd expect also to go back to very little deaths certainly not to be told about January ones in march .The figures don't really stack up

It's common knowledge at this stage that there is a lag in reporting of deaths.
Your posts show that you are aware of this, and while it is not the headline figure - it is detailed in reporting of the deaths when they occurred by major media outlets.
Therefore, I don't see how you can say the figures don't stack up.
I get that people have preference for the figures to be reported differently, and maybe it should - but nobody is attempting to pull the wool over anybody's eyes.

It's common knowledge at this stage that there is a lag in reporting of deaths.
Your posts show that you are aware of this, and while it is not the headline figure - it is detailed in reporting of the deaths when they occurred by major media outlets.
Therefore, I don't see how you can say the figures don't stack up.
I get that people have preference for the figures to be reported differently, and maybe it should - but nobody is attempting to pull the wool over anybody's eyes.
Agreed. When RTE report the deaths, they actually say: x many from January, y many from February, z many from March. It is simply the truth, reported accurately and with an appropriate level of detail.

Agreed. When RTE report the deaths, they actually say: x many from January, y many from February, z many from March. It is simply the truth, reported accurately and with an appropriate level of detail.
It's not the headline though. The last notification I received from RTE yesterday evening was "Covid-19: Dept confirms 47 further deaths, 631 new cases and the number of people in ICU down three to 92"

It's not the headline though. The last notification I received from RTE yesterday evening was "Covid-19: Dept confirms 47 further deaths, 631 new cases and the number of people in ICU down three to 92"
Headlines are like that.

I think the UK report deaths, cases and vaccines etc at the time of the data is reported to the central database. So if something is missed it doesn't get " backdated " and reported as if it happened in the last 24hrs

So, if 100 deaths were from last week they'd be included in this week's numbers, and the figures reported on the BBC etc but they also give the 7 day moving average which I would like to see here.

But ultimately the deaths are the deaths whenever they occurred.

Having said that ,does anyone know why death reporting is so slow? I mean we normally have people in the ground/furnace in 3 days.

I wouldn't have thought family reporting deaths would not have been the reason as department are surely telling family it is a covid related death and not the other way around.Also what I mean about the figures not stacking up is why are death figures still so high when our most vunerable should be nearly all vaccinated by now and that the case figures are so low our daily deaths should also be back where they were last year .It's the moving around of deaths and cases which also gives hints of cover up. Personally I'm keeping eye or trying to on deaths in relation to case numbers and vaccinated numbers and it's so far so bad

Back