Is it time to give the nutters more publicity?

I wouldn't have thought family reporting deaths would not have been the reason as department are surely telling family it is a covid related death and not the other way around.Also what I mean about the figures not stacking up is why are death figures still so high when our most vunerable should be nearly all vaccinated by now and that the case figures are so low our daily deaths should also be back where they were last year .It's the moving around of deaths and cases which also gives hints of cover up. Personally I'm keeping eye or trying to on deaths in relation to case numbers and vaccinated numbers and it's so far so bad
Well if you have Covid you won't be vaccinated and when you are vaccinated you still won't be protected for quite a while and could still get covid.

I would find it difficult to accept that there is " moving around of deaths or cases" and for relations being told what should be written on the death certificate is entering conspiracy territory as there is no evidence to support the claim.

The data won't always be perfect or timely but what would be the gain to the government or anybody else to be manipulating any figures?

I wouldn't have thought family reporting deaths would not have been the reason as department are surely telling family it is a covid related death and not the other way around.Also what I mean about the figures not stacking up is why are death figures still so high when our most vunerable should be nearly all vaccinated by now and that the case figures are so low our daily deaths should also be back where they were last year .It's the moving around of deaths and cases which also gives hints of cover up. Personally I'm keeping eye or trying to on deaths in relation to case numbers and vaccinated numbers and it's so far so bad
By the same token that means the deaths for e.g. December at the time were 'lower' than they actually were, so what possible agenda could be served by any deliberate 'moving around'? There was no double reporting, it's just a timing thing.
To suggest a cover up is simply absurd.
If anything, the cover up would be hiding deaths by not reporting them because they weren't reported promptly.

By the same token that means the deaths for e.g. December at the time were 'lower' than they actually were, so what possible agenda could be served by any deliberate 'moving around'? There was no double reporting, it's just a timing thing.
To suggest a cover up is simply absurd.
If anything, the cover up would be hiding deaths by not reporting them because they weren't reported promptly.
It's a weird kind of cover up when the detail is readily available for anyone who can be bothered to read past the headline.

I read a report a while back that stated about 40% of Covid deaths here are occurring outside of hospitals. Many of those will be in nursing homes (public and private), so with the system allowing 3 months for submission of notifications, the department simply can't know what they don't know.

The age range for deaths notified yesterday was 60 - 95 years. It'll be a while before all that group will be fully vaccinated.

I read a report a while back that stated about 40% of Covid deaths here are occurring outside of hospitals. Many of those will be in nursing homes (public and private), so with the system allowing 3 months for submission of notifications, the department simply can't know what they don't know.
That doesn't say much for the ability of Public Health Ireland or any other body to track outbreaks from an epidemiological perspective though, does it? I would have thought that deaths due to a transmissible disease would haver to be reported. It's not like granny taking a neck-first tumble down the stairs.

That doesn't say much for the ability of Public Health Ireland or any other body to track outbreaks from an epidemiological perspective though, does it? I would have thought that deaths due to a transmissible disease would haver to be reported. It's not like granny taking a neck-first tumble down the stairs.
Outbreaks from an epidemiological perspective are not tracked by identifying deaths, but by identifying cases.

True, the fact that the whole death reporting system wasn't overhauled over the past 12 months is a testament to inefficient bureaucracy.

Back