Ireland Vs France-The French Goal!!

Just back today after a great week in Paris.
The supporters were great and the team played as well as I've seen them play in years.
If anything the French people seem to be more embarassed every day that passes and we could'nt walk down the street without people expressing embarassment/sympathy.
Lot of good it will do us though !

there were two players on that pitch that played a pivotal role in Irelands defeat and I do not consider Henry to be one of them.
Lloris the French keeper was awesome in both games and if it had not been for him the game(s) would have been won comfortably.
The other is Mc'Shane...The moment O shea hobbled off and Mc'shane stepped onto that pitch I said "This game is lost"
Mc'Shane was in the perfect position both goal and ball side of Henry but somehow miracuoulously out manouvered himself to end up as a spectator OFF the pitch at the side of the goal, the lad is a very VERY poor footballer.
What Henry did was despicable but there was more than one reason Ireland were defeated.

At last someone else saw the REAL reason we lost a place in S.Africa, even if it did come from the scum bag traitor from Cork.
As usual though Keane managed to turn around a major incident to be all about him him him.
When it comes to major World cup embarrassments Roy Keane will always and forever be head and shoulders above Henry to the Irish nation. At least Henry had the grace to apologise and admit his wrong doing.

And one more thing Roy conveniantly ommitted to mention the awfull player who cost Ireland their place was one he himself paid huge money for when at Sunderland...How ironic.

I remember my Granny being up in arms at this Roy Keane 'brat' in 2002 even though she had never watched a game of soccer in her entire life.

So what? You don't need to know anything about football to recognise spoiled, petulant, bullying egotism.

As usual though Keane managed to turn around a major incident to be all about him him him.
When it comes to major World cup embarrassments Roy Keane will always and forever be head and shoulders above Henry to the Irish nation. At least Henry had the grace to apologise and admit his wrong doing.

+1

Ipswich have only won 1 match out of 17 so its no surprise that Keane was happy to go on about the FAI. He probably would not want to be reminded of how much better Sunderland are doing this season under Steve Bruce compared to Keane last season.

[broken link removed]

I see 'Le Cheat' is now claiming that he was thinking about retiring over the pain he caused:rolleyes:

Yeah right. Of course you were Thierry.

This wouldn't just be a cynical ploy, exactly like calling for a replay even though your own FA said it would not happen, just to try to get some sympathy and people back on your side again, would it?

Some will say, "Look at him, he comforted the Irish players, said a replay was a fair thing to do and he also thought about quitting - he's not a bad fella".

Pull the other one ya cheating git. Great to hear the Atletic Bilbao fans boo'd him the other night in La Liga. Hope he gets that EVERYWHERE he goes.

Ipswich have only won 1 match out of 17 so its no surprise that Keane was happy to go on about the FAI. He probably would not want to be reminded of how much better Sunderland are doing this season under Steve Bruce compared to Keane last season.

[broken link removed]

And do you think the reporters were interested in asking him about Ipswich or were they banking on fireworks by asking about the Irish game? Maybe he shouldn't have offered his opinion, but it's far more interested to watch and listen to him than the usual script that managers and players babble on with.

I see 'Le Cheat' is now claiming that he was thinking about retiring over the pain he caused:rolleyes:

Yeah right. Of course you were Thierry.

This wouldn't just be a cynical ploy, exactly like calling for a replay even though your own FA said it would not happen, just to try to get some sympathy and people back on your side again, would it?

Some will say, "Look at him, he comforted the Irish players, said a replay was a fair thing to do and he also thought about quitting - he's not a bad fella".

Pull the other one ya cheating git. Great to hear the Atletic Bilbao fans boo'd him the other night in La Liga. Hope he gets that EVERYWHERE he goes.
Cantona came out with a good one ' what I can't believe is that he sat next to the Irish player on the pitch after screwing him over' The English press lve him though so he will get passed it fairly quickly, unlike say Ronaldo who they still refer to as 'the winker'.

Every thing Henry has done since and including the Handball has been calculated.. sitting down beside dunne for cameras after game, making statement calling for replay after FIFA said there would be no replay and last but by no mean least his statement about retiring - yeah right Thievery not only are you a cheat but you are also Sly!

Thievery was and is very hypocritical. Everything that he does has the bottom line in sight. Did he try to get people thinking that he was so dejected as he stared at the ground after the match? Perhaps he was, as the realization of the video camera poking it's scrutinuous head. He cheated fellow professionals out of a chance to play on the world stage. Hey lads, ye know the products that he advertises. And ye know what to do? Thats right, make ye'r presence felt.

FAI now looking to be the 33rd team at the world cup next year. Can't see it happening.
Wonder if the issue of compensation will come up?

[broken link removed]

its getting embarassing at this stage, just let it go. i think most of the general public have gotten over it at this stage so why cant they?

more cannon fodder for roy's press conference on friday though, no doubt it will have more cameras in it than usual.

Back