Home heating oil prices?

I've been ringing around today looking for 1,000 litres in the west wicklow/kildare boarder area.

dearest so far is top oil tullow €700
Cheapest is Naas oil Co. Blessington is €649

Think I'll wait till Monday to see if this weeks drops in the oil market will have an effect on the retail price soon

A freindly retailer told me yesterday that prices will drop by a few cent/L over the next few days. He seemed absolutely certain of this.

A freindly retailer told me yesterday that prices will drop by a few cent/L over the next few days. He seemed absolutely certain of this.

Correct - its now €635 at emo and last weeks oil pice reducions should filter into the market at the end of next week.

My calculations suggest a drop to €595 and I think it will stabilise at this level. - A hell of a drop from the €1150 quoted in July.

Rang 6 places around Wexford last Thurs - 500 ltrs € 365.00 inclu Vat, one quoted € 375.00 ...... maybe this is similar to the petrol price fixing that is going on down here!!!;)

I've been ringing around today looking for 1,000 litres in the west wicklow/kildare boarder area.

dearest so far is top oil tullow €700
Cheapest is Naas oil Co. Blessington is €649

Think I'll wait till Monday to see if this weeks drops in the oil market will have an effect on the retail price soon

Price drop Cheapest is still naas oil at €625 for 1,000 litres
Gillespies in Carlow also €625

Do I buy now or wait till later in the week?

I'm waiting until next weekend myself - although not sure if that's wise or not really.

I paid €330 inc VAT for 500lt today from Sutton Oil in castlebar. 66c per lt. Not sure if this is good but oil ran out so couldnt wait any longer!

I read an article in a UK newspaper last week (and don't see why it wouldn't apply to Ireland as well) that the price of oil will continue to fall for a while yet, eventually reaching a price that will be close to half what is cost at the start of this summer.

Although this is all speculation, it does seem to be happening. The price of home heating oil has been steadily dropping over the last month since I got my last 500l fill.

That cost me €380 and today the same supplier is charging €310.

Lets hope it continues falling.

Hi,

Been following this post with interest for some time. Think this weekend or earlier is the time to purchase. OPEC meeting this weekend is rumoured to cut production so it is possible the current free fall has run its course. Naas Oil this morning were €625 for 1000 litres delivered this week. Its down to the wire.
New Member.

Cheers.

Yep - I'd agree that it won't drop much further. It just might squeeze under €600 on Friday. - Feels better than paying the €1000+ being asked for in August!

I just ordered 500 Litres from City Oil in Cork for €307 with a €10 discount voucher, the quote was valid for today only as he said the price is going up at midnight. Could be a sales pitch but a good price I paid €305 last year

boilerjuice.ie are quoting 60.31 per litre excl vat currently.
might be worth getting a quote.

great site, great info..
looking forward to picking up 500 ltrs for €330 or less tomorrow...

Rang 6 places around Wexford last Thurs - 500 ltrs € 365.00 inclu Vat, one quoted € 375.00 ...... maybe this is similar to the petrol price fixing that is going on down here!!!;)

Just Ordered 500 Litres from Glen Fuels in Gorey for €335 this morning. Sounded like they were run off thier feet in the office so looks like everybody is trying to get in now before the outcome of OPEC meeting in Vienna..

Back