Health Expenses Claim online?

Sarsfield

Both Reachservices and the top of the Med1 form say it's possible to claim relief for health expenses online. All I can find is a claim for relief on health insurance.

Am I missing something?

I could be wrong, but there were pin numbers issued by the revenue in the post lately. You have to go on to the Revenue Online Site (www.ros.ie) and you can complete your personal returns there. As far as I know you can claim your medical expenses there.

You will need a revenue pin and be registered with Reach Services to claim health expenses via ROS. You can only claim Health Expenses for the years 2005 and 2006 using this online method though.

I have my revenue pin and I'm registered with Reachservices.

I was logged in but I still couldn't find it. Does anyone have a URL or a menu path to get to it? I must be blind :D

Here's how i find it: Once you log on with your pin you are at the "My PAYE services" screen in ROS. From there click the Tax Credits and Incomes link, then click Add new and Amend existing Tax Credits & Incomes. Then from the drop down box select a previous year, 2006 or 2005 and click go. The Health Expenses option should appear under the "New Tax Credits and Incomes" heading on screen. put a tick in the radio button beside Health Expenses and click add. the application for Health Expenses screen will open for you to make your claim.

you can do this but you need your p60 details to complete it - still waiting to receive my p60 from state employer

Employers have until 15th February to issue P60s although some can take even longer even though they should not.

Employers have until 15th February to issue P60s although some can take even longer even though they should not.

The old North Eastern Health board did not issue P60's until at the earliest, the second half of March.

According to several reports I have heard, the NE HSE area P60s were issued late again last year. Then again as a public body they thankfully don't have to debase themselves to worry about niceties such as Revenue penalties for late filing or their statutory obligations to employees, not like the dirty rogue employers in the private sector.

Isn't there some body to which complaints about such matters can be brought - e.g. the CAG or somebody like that?

Yes indeed but I would never take it upon myself to make a complaint to/about a public body on the basis of secondhand information.

Just a quick follow up question if I may! (I've never claimed back tax before!)

I've done the online thingy (for 2005 & 2006) and got a message

Below is a summary of the request for changes to your tax credits and incomes which was submitted through ROS on the 25-Jan-2007. These changes will be processed and applied by Revenue and if in order, a Balancing Statement will be issued.

So how do I actually get my money back? I've set up my bank account details on the ROS site so will a credit transfer just arrive in my a/c? And how long does it take?

So how do I actually get my money back? I've set up my bank account details on the ROS site so will a credit transfer just arrive in my a/c? And how long does it take?

They should credit your account, and send you a statement to that effect. As for how long it takes, thats anyone's guess! It could be 4 days, or 4 weeks, or longer. They will be busy over the next while, sorting out the "double take" from last week.

You may need to request P21 balancing statements for the relevant years. I think you can do this online but I can't access my account because I can't find my PIN! :eek:

You may need to request P21 balancing statements for the relevant years. I think you can do this online but I can't access my account because I can't find my PIN! :eek:

Yes you can request balancing statements online but there's no need to do so in this case,as by making the health expenses claim for a previous year this automatically triggers for a balancing statement to be issued by ROS.

Speaking of which - last year I requested (by letter - not online) a P21 statement for 2002 and Revenue ignored the request so I wrote to them again in late 2006/early 2007 reminding them of the original request. Obviously 2002 would be outside of the 4 year period in 2007 but I did request it in 2006 originally. Anyway, they ignored it again and have now sent me two separate copies of P21 statements for 2003, 2004 and 2005 even though I had already asked and received these earlier in 2006 (i.e. these are my third copies). :rolleyes:

Anyway, they ignored it again and have now sent me two separate copies of P21 statements for 2003, 2004 and 2005 even though I had already asked and received these earlier in 2006 (i.e. these are my third copies). :rolleyes:

Bet they didn't refund you the same tax 3 times!!!

I've lost my PIN too and requested it to be sent out last week, but no sign of it, nor have I received the text to my phone to say its been sent out, how long should it take?

I've just come across this:

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/Requesting a Revenue PIN
The issuing of Revenue PINs on request has been suspended for the time being. [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Revenue PINs will issue with the new Tax Credit Certificate which should be sent to customers by mid February at the latest.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Customers will be able to use PAYE Online Services when they receive their PIN with their Tax Credit [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Certificate[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Back