Happy Christmas/New Year to everyone on AAM :)

I can buy big,bulky items from the UK that will be delivered to my door on a pallet within a week for around £60 delivery charge....

My dear Wahaay,

Don't you realise, at this stage, that everything that comes from the UK is bad and everything in Ireland is good?!;)

On a serious note, what sort of items are you referring and who organises the shipment? Any info would be appreciated.

Greetings of the season to all....

My dear Wahaay,

Don't you realise, at this stage, that everything that comes from the UK is bad and everything in Ireland is good?!;)

On a serious note, what sort of items are you referring and who organises the shipment? Any info would be appreciated.

Greetings of the season to all....

A new bathroom.It came from Liverpool-based Victorian Plumbing and shipped via www.palletways.com
Shipping cost £69.95 organised by the selling company.
Total cost £1600.
Comparable price in Ireland €3100 not including delivery !
It arrived 9 days later.

A new bathroom.It came from Liverpool-based Victorian Plumbing and shipped via www.palletways.com
Shipping cost £69.95 organised by the selling company.
Total cost £1600.
Comparable price in Ireland €3100 not including delivery !
It arrived 9 days later.

It may not relate to your bathroom suite but we were warned by builder's providers that they regularly have people looking for parts for suites from abroad and they were unable to provide/get the parts. They particularly mentioned Cooke & Lewis from B&Q.

P.S. This thread has definitely wandered from Happy Christmas/New Year theme.

Back