Happy Christmas/New Year to everyone on AAM :)

Yum!
humbug-sweets-B1EF5J.jpg

Made my cranberry sauce last weekend.
The weekend before I made stock for the gravy.
Last night myself & herself polished off a very good Morgon.
Today I'm buying the bird.
Ho.Ho.Ho!!

Please accept my Best Wishes to you and yours for a Happy and Peaceful Christmas and all that is good for 2017 . . . and if anything untoward happened to you in the past, please leave it there and have a brighter and happier 2017 and beyond.

Regards
Lep

Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
As an Englishman the Brexit vote was my highlight of 2016 and now I'm looking forward to 2017,the triggering of Article 50 and the beginning of discussions to ease Britain's departure from the EU.

Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
As an Englishman the Brexit vote was my highlight of 2016 and now I'm looking forward to 2017,the triggering of Article 50 and the beginning of discussions to ease Britain's departure from the EU.

Many happy returns.

Thats nice and I hope it doesn't disrupt your life too much when you are deported.

However my 82 year old aunt who has lived in England over 60 years is worried sick about her impending deportation.

I know that Brexit isn't going to actually happen, but try telling her that.

Many happy returns.

Thats nice and I hope it doesn't disrupt your life too much when you are deported.

However my 82 year old aunt who has lived in England over 60 years is worried sick about her impending deportation.

Surely you don't actually believe what you've written ?
It's not my birthday by the way.

Many happy returns.

Nice bit of humour there from Cremeegg. Brexit will happen. We won't be deporting who have become more Irish than the Irish themselves either. Neither will Teresa be deporting those of ours who became more Brit than the Brits themselves.

I'm reading newspaper articles by the day. I have no doubt the Brits will survive outside of the EU and at the end of the financial year will find themselves better off than they would if they remained in the EU. The thing is:- Can we survive without the Brits? Will the EU be kinder to us than the UK has been? Will things improve for us as a result of Brexit? Is it probable that we'll have a vote on Irexit?

I'm hearing that we'll become the largest English speaking people of the EU which will have a favourable knock on effect. I suppose we'll get a few more Call Centres as a result. We're told that opportunity knocks for us.

I'll tell you one thing though that until I see something concrete to our benefit I have more fears than Cremeegg or Wahaay.

Nice bit of humour there from Cremeegg. Brexit will happen. We won't be deporting who have become more Irish than the Irish themselves either. Neither will Teresa be deporting those of ours who became more Brit than the Brits themselves.

I'm reading newspaper articles by the day. I have no doubt the Brits will survive outside of the EU and at the end of the financial year will find themselves better off than they would if they remained in the EU. The thing is:- Can we survive without the Brits? Will the EU be kinder to us than the UK has been? Will things improve for us as a result of Brexit? Is it probable that we'll have a vote on Irexit?

I'm hearing that we'll become the largest English speaking people of the EU which will have a favourable knock on effect. I suppose we'll get a few more Call Centres as a result. We're told that opportunity knocks for us.

I'll tell you one thing though that until I see something concrete to our benefit I have more fears than Cremeegg or Wahaay.

Unfortunately the 2nd Lisbon Treaty vote and the acceptance of the Troika bailout shows the Irish people do not have the will or the wherewithal to effect Irexit and are entirely at the munificence and generosity of whatever the EU throws its way provided it keeps its nose clean.

But I'm very positive about this country's future as long as it's able to maintain its Corporation Tax rate and dependant on how low Trump takes American corporate tax rates.I can see a fair bit of business transferring from the UK to Dublin and the well-established pharma and high-tech industries will only grow.

Even if the EU goes down the route of forcing a hard Brexit average WTO tariffs are only around 4% so hardly a game-changer for Irish agricultural exports to the UK which frequently vary by that amount depending on the strength of the euro.

My glass of porter is definitely half-full !

Even if the EU goes down the route of forcing a hard Brexit average WTO tariffs are only around 4% so hardly a game-changer for Irish agricultural exports to the UK which frequently vary by that amount depending on the strength of the euro.

For Irish agricultural products selling into the UK the 4% tariffs are not the point. The competition with more efficient New Zealand and Argentine producers is the problem.

Wahaay must be a politician or at least influenced by Irish politicians. From what I have seen in the past there is not much to suggest that the future will be positive. And a glass half full is also a glass half empty and only if you believe the glass to be half full.

I'm sure some of the workers of those business which have gone to the wall or about to go to the wall will have lots of sympathy for Donald Trump's desire to have USA taxes paid in the USA.

. . . and I look forward to the EU saving us . . .

For Irish agricultural products selling into the UK the 4% tariffs are not the point. The competition with more efficient New Zealand and Argentine producers is the problem.

So obviously Brexit is not to blame.
I read in the Irish Times over Christmas that Brexit is to blame for retailers having a hard time.The fall in the pound has had a devastating effect on Irish retailers.
This is nonsense.Irish retailers are having a hard time because people have finally come to realise they can buy all the stuff they want online for considerable cheaper than their local store is offering.
I can buy big,bulky items from the UK that will be delivered to my door on a pallet within a week for around £60 delivery charge that usually cost between a third and a half less than I would have paid here.
Irish retailers are pricing themselves to death.

Back