Gift for a girl in a new relationship

R

returingjohn

We have only being seeing each other for the last couple of weeks bout 5 dates still very early stages, I would like to get her something very small (small so as not to come across as OTT, putting to much pressure etc) for our next evening out. We both hit the big 30 earlier this year if that helps.
Any ideas most welcome.

Perhaps a nice bunch of flowers or a soft toy
Not very original, but always welcome present IMO

I'm guessing its some sort of belated birthday present or maybe from your username you have been away? I'd say it should be a a spontaneous gift - maybe related to something that she has said she's interested in etc. Don't worry about it too much - spontaneity is best. Its the thought that counts.

very early stages for a gift.... maybe surprise her with tickets to something she likes...

Depends how you do it, e.g. giving her a cd that she wanted and saying that you saw it town and you picked it up for her is fine but anything expensive is bit ott. Otherwise it might be a bit early for this.

very early stages for a gift.... maybe surprise her with tickets to something she likes...

Better still surprise her with tickets for something you like.

I always like buying Mrs Murt tickets (two) for a weekend away (for some reason usually somewhere I fancy) as a present.

As the other posters have said take it slowly. There's plenty of time.

Murt

Agree with everything Tink has said. A little to early for any type of present, I think that I would be a little wary that things were going too fast. How about a bottle of bubbly when you are next out to dinner by way of a belated celebration, make it pink champagne if possible, girls (well me) love pink champers!

good luck.

I am not a hopeless romantic or anything and hate getting what I call 'lazy' presents ie: cuddly toys or flowers.

An ex bought me a simple gold chain with a rectangle disc (blank disc, no little gems or anything) it cost about fifty irish pounds. It was our second date so I don't think date numbr 6 is too soon.

I was impressed and I'm very hard to impress.

I suppose it depends on the girl involved...i have friends who would like it but I'd be a bit freaked if someone got me jewellery after five dates..jewellerys a weird one unless you know her taste..and it puts her in the awkward 'oh god do i have to wear this every time I see him now to show I like it!"...a book, cd or tickets is a much less pressurised gift, while still being thoughtful..

I'd be much more interested in someone who showed or brought me to interesting places or events.. rather than a material gift.

It's a risk if you look at the responses. Some are okay, others would run. Personally, I'd run as fast as my feet would take me.

I would never have thanked anyone for a cuddly toy, don't like jewelry, dislike random displays of money - but that's me! However, flowers are not necessarily lazy if the person has purchased them knowing "I" like them.

Only you know the female in question and what she would like - but I'd be very wary of giving anything.

Any Girl loves flowers! give her flowers and forget about any other presents other than chocolates!!!!

Wow a lot more than I had expected, suppose should have said in first post that we were getting on very well etc.
What I had been thinking was just some it very small. Anyway major hassle in work ended up had to work v late every nite so no chance to get to the shops so no pressie -
she called over when I has wrecked and ......... brought a small pressie just something small for the apartment that I didn't have the last nite she was here but it was a quirky one ......... I thought it was just so cool, the idea and the pressie

I would be in the camp that it's too soon to be buying pressies for no reason, but sounds like things are going really well for you both. Best of luck!

Well in that case, I take back the stalkerish comment, obviously things are going very well.

Have flowers delivered to her home. Always impressive.

Yes, but if it's someone you've only recently met/ still getting to know then personally I'd just find it a bit strange.

Gifts bought for no reason other than to say "I was thinking of you" are the nicest gifts of all :)

Not my experience. I brought Mrs Bloggs home a nice new brush and mop the other day and she ran me out of the house :D

Back