French leaseback?

Keentoinvest said:
Has anyone here tried to claim their vat back from the french leaseback? Id be interested to know how long it took

The process can take up to 6 months to get the VAT back.
A good company should offer you the choice to get it back for you!

I have just purchased a leaseback property and im more than content to date. I have listened to advise to date and my rationale has been
1) dont buy for the financial killing or pure property value reasons. It has to be somewhere you would want to stay long term yourself
2) Its in a very popular tourist area, one i have been to and know demand is pritty constant, in the far south of france.
3) it is 10 minutes from the airport, direct flights from dublin at least for now,, but the destination is going to demand regular enogh flights.
4) it has easy access to highwys, own parking , pool etc and walking distance to main tourist attractions
5) is out of the main town for reasonable peace but near enough to walk in.

I dont wan the hassle of independant renting, furnishing, or the feeling i should be using it more. After 10 year leaseback is up I can decide if Im old n fat enough to loll around there for longer or release. Either way a nice 2 bed apartment in a beautiful location, easy access , low worry and hassle factor and all for the equivalent of an ssia payment in repayments. Maybe I lack the killer tycoon attitude but if I cant see any major downsides if your motive isnt greed.

Sorry am having problems with deleting a pm I posted here by mistake so i had to shorten entry and edit,

Back