Driveway Blocked

A bit of an update – himself approached the car owner this evening and the car was moved. At the moment the car is now back outside. . .

So clearly the car owner is approachable, your OH did manage to speak to him and have the car moved.
Then the car owner returned the car, your OH should have gone straight back over and asked him to move it again.

We feel at this stage we have no option but to keep quiet as we are new here and will be seen as the **** stirrers so to speak.

Odd perspective on it - I think the car owner is coming across as the stirrer.

A no win situation at the moment.

You just have to keep asking them to move it - be clear and firm as another poster suggested, make it clear you want access to your driveway at ALL times.

I totally agree with MandaC - you are worrying too much about what other people think - just make the position clear, its my driveway, I dont want it blocked, please park elsewhere - thanks.

I wouldnt bother borrowing other cars etc either, just stand up to the neighbours politely.

Might need a bit of persistence but I agree with the DDublin, MandaC & truthseeker.

We were in a similar situation a few years ago but it was worse because we had a car and couldn't get into our own driveway - generally it was visitors to our neighbours that were the problem.

I just knocked on the door and politely asked them to move the car - which they did, slightly grudgingly. This happened about 5 or 6 times over the space of a few weeks and I gradually got less and less polite. The last time I knocked I just rolled my eyes and pointed to the car. The next time I just aimed my car lights at their front window and beeped the horn until they came out and moved the car.

It didn't happen again after that - they didn't speak to us either but with these particular loo-lahs, I preferred it that way TBH.

Anyway, do you ever talk to these people or have any sort of neighbourly relationship? Obviously not or they wouldnt park across your driveway. So why do you care if they are peeved?

Back