Does anyone know the company "Gas Wise"?

It has also been documented here previously that the €50 offers for servicing can't be doing a fully comprehensive service, it just isn't economically viable.

There was nothing said about a non comprehensive service. They were advertising a cheap service so as to get work. If they couldn't do the job for €50 they shouldn't have attempted it. And there is a difference between a not comprehensive service and leaving a mess after the service and refusing to tell the customer what was done.

I'd like to stress here there was nothing quirky about my boiler. It was rather an issue of competence and indifference on the part of GW. In the first place they did not cop on that you do not leave a customer with a mess you create. Secondly they either did not have the competence (which I believe) or could not be bothered to either think or make use of resources available to them. Whichever way, I'm beginning to believe the RGI qualification thing is a joke.

I was not referring to the querks of your boiler. I was referring to system querks in general.

There was nothing said about a non comprehensive service. They were advertising a cheap service so as to get work. If they couldn't do the job for €50 they shouldn't have attempted it. And there is a difference between a not comprehensive service and leaving a mess after the service and refusing to tell the customer what was done.

I see many garages offering very cheap car services that I know if done properly, the material cost such as oil & filters will cost more than their service cost.
Do I use them? Absolutely not, as I know they will not do it properly.
I was on holidays in Spain & I saw a Chinese restaurant with a sign for all you can eat with a free bottle of wine for €5. I didn't eat there either. Funny though, there wasn't a stray cat or dog to be seen anywhere in the area!

You pay your money, you get what you pay for.

Beware of www.gasandoilservices.com as well. they have serviced my boiler and replaced a fully working pump saying there's a problem with it. Since then there's nothing but trouble with the boiler... leaks, banging noises, boiler stops abruptly etc etc. they don't take the calls from the customer after they get the money..I tried to contact them many times but they always avoided me. The address given on their website is fake. Finally one day they took my call and said the two guys who worked on my boiler left the company and they can't help and disconnected the call.

I have seen these cowboys advertisement several times for cheap boiler service on deals sites such as groupon etc. Beware!

I am currently a G@@wise customer, and all we can suggest is that you ENSURE that you get EVERYTHING in writing from them, and DO NOT, under any circumstances, rely on verbal communication. We foolishly thought this would be okay, and are now learning the hard way that you must get everything in writing, even the tiniest of changes. Right now we are in the middle of several disagreements and we are scared they are now going to pull out of their contract.
Really really REALLY wish I had seen some comments here before I progressed. Just has a domestic new boiler installed by them................long story and no happy ending!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the negative feedback about GasWise. We bought an old house in 2008, got them in to install new boiler, new rads, some new pipes, timers etc, pretty extensive job. Touch wood, but we have never had any issue with the heating and we were very happy with their work at the time. I have no affiliation to them at all, just thought I would post in the interest of balance.

Back