Digital vax cert

I've no idea about the order they will be sent out.
i would like to know, however, what the specific time frame after each second vaccination ( or just the one for J & J etc) they will allow before issuing the cert.
It doesn't seen to be set out clearly anywhere.

I thought we were to have them around the 19th. Those who got their vax through their GP will get certs by post. Those registered on the HSE portal will get theirs by email.

But the cert presumably will state when the vaccine(s) were administered so there is no logical need to wait with sending them out.
Will they?

My understanding is that it's a simple yes , to confirm that the person is vaccinated. That's it.

Will they?

My understanding is that it's a simple yes , to confirm that the person is vaccinated. That's it.
No, it will also contain the the type of vaccine received and dates of vaccination. Otherwise it would be unusable for travel since most countries require a minimum amount of time to have passed between vaccination and entry to enable the vaccine to become fully effective.

So for a person who received their second Moderna Vaccine ( via HSE Portal)the EARLIEST they will receive the digital cert is 2 weeks after 2nd vaccine. Is this correct? If so, that means I will not have it in time to travel to England next Monday as I received my 2nd Vaccine on 2nd July.

Fortunately we are part of the common travel area..no cert required or negative pcr test to enter England

My wife got hers by email this morning. Almost afraid to open the link in case it might be a scam!

Strangely, I was vaccinated before my wife but I did not receive mine....

The whole admin of the vax process in the HSE portal and vax centres was really good. Let's hope they don't mess up the certs. No sign of mine yet (portal) BTW.

It wasn't all good with the vaccination centres. One in my city had a small tent ( which should have been double the size given the numbers) for people waiting to give their details. No doors open only half door at entrance. I had to ask security to open double doors at far end for ventilation. There were upwards of 60 people waiting 20 minutes barely 2m apart and very poor ventilation. Some of the staff in the call centres were mediocre. One woman from HSE rang me and was very unprofessional to the point of insulting. I found the security staff at vax centre ok. Thery were responsive when asked to open door.The clinical staff were excellent, explained everything and did not rush me. I wouldn't have been surprised if I contracted Covid that day at the vax centre, especially since the Delta variant is highly infectious but luckily didn't. I felt very uncomfortable. Obviously the organisers that day had no concept of the great importance of ventilation as many others such as shops don't seem to either. CO2 monitors should be compulsory in indoor settings to monitor level of exhaled air. I see doors firmly shut at entrances to shops and shopping centres. In the 1950s ( not that I was around) everybody knew the importance of ventilation, schools were outdoors, windows were wide open etc.

Last edited:
We got our covid passport certs today ( vaccine no 2 done June 18 and July 1). The A4 sheet I printed it on does not fold perfectly so I trimmed it a tiny bit and laminated it to passport size. It is folded so that the QR code is on the outside.

So for a person who received their second Moderna Vaccine ( via HSE Portal)the EARLIEST they will receive the digital cert is 2 weeks after 2nd vaccine. Is this correct? If so, that means I will not have it in time to travel to England next Monday as I received my 2nd Vaccine on 2nd July.
You might receive the cert earlier but the date from which you can use it for travel depends on the country you are traveling to.

Myself and herself got cert this evening.

I'm fully by vaccinated 3 weeks, herself got 2nd Pfizer last Friday week, 11 days ago. Seems Pfizer is 10 days from 2nd for full vaccine

Back