Digital vax cert

I was vaccinated by the GP. Second dose in early June and I haven't received mine yet. I don't need it but I'm just feeling a little bit left out.

If not forthcoming, you can call the helpline on 1800 807 008 or +353 76888 5513 and request it. I'd imagine they're pretty busy right now, so if not urgent, I'd wait a little while.

I was vaccinated with J&J but the 14 days has not yet elapsed. I already have the digital cert and in the COVID app and it says I'm fully vaccinated. If I go to the local for a pint this evening am I considered fully vaccinated as I have the cert or must I wait another few days until the 14 days has passed?

I was vaccinated with J&J but the 14 days has not yet elapsed. I already have the digital cert and in the COVID app and it says I'm fully vaccinated. If I go to the local for a pint this evening am I considered fully vaccinated as I have the cert or must I wait another few days until the 14 days has passed?

If you look at the vaccine detail in the app it gives the vaccination date. The "fully vaccinated" bit just means you have had all jabs rather than the 14 days - I'm not sure if places will look at that detail to check the 14 days

Heads up.. You will need to have your mobile data enabled in the Covid19 app in order to access your digital certificate when entering a premises as you will not be contacted to local WiFi. Restaurants are scanning your Covid19 OCR code from Covid19 tracker app. Might be useful to have an image of your code in your gallery

Heads up.. You will need to have your mobile data enabled in the Covid19 app in order to access your digital certificate when entering a premises as you will not be contacted to local WiFi. Restaurants are scanning your Covid19 OCR code from Covid19 tracker app. Might be useful to have an image of your code in your gallery

I thought it said the data was stored on your device... If you have more than one you have to load it on each device.

I just put my phone on airplane mode and it still brings up the QR code. So looks like it works

Don't know.. Went for a pint this evening to my local and I had to connect to there WiFi in order to open app

Turned mobile data on once I was scanned in

I just enabled airplane mode (switching off all connectivity) and can still view my cert in the COVID-19 app. The app is slower to open than when connected (presumably checking for a connection and eventually timing out) but the cert is certainly available even when disconnected. I'm on Android in case that matters. Maybe it's different on iOS?

Edit: sorry, just saw EmmDee's post now.

Don't know.. Went for a pint this evening to my local and I had to connect to there WiFi in order to open app

As Clubman said I found the app did take a little while to open... Maybe 10 or 15 seconds.

Same experience here. My cert is stored in the covid tracker app but the app won't open unless there is a wi fi connection, as I discovered at a pub yesterday. But if you save the cert locally you can open it with a PDF reader, e.g. Kindle or One Drive.

Last edited:
I got my 2nd Pfizer 'through the system' jab yesterday at 11am.

I got my digital cert via email just after midnight, so a 12-13 hour turnaround.

Same experience here. My cert is stored in the covid tracker app but the app won't open unless there is a wi fi connection, as I discovered at a pub yesterday. But if you save the cert locally you can open it with a PDF reader, e.g. Kindle or One Drive.
I just took a screenshot of the opened pass.

I got my 2nd Pfizer 'through the system' jab yesterday at 11am.

I got my digital cert via email just after midnight, so a 12-13 hour turnaround.

Well that doesn't sound right since you are not considered vaccinated until a week after you receive the second jab.....

People are getting certs within days of their 2nd jab, it appears. But it doesn't scan "green for go" until the requisite number of days have passed. I read (on boards, I think) that people going through airports found that they weren't considered fully vaxxed even though they had a cert.

People are getting certs within days of their 2nd jab, it appears. But it doesn't scan "green for go" until the requisite number of days have passed. I read (on boards, I think) that people going through airports found that they weren't considered fully vaxxed even though they had a cert.

Well that doesn't sound right since you are not considered vaccinated until a week after you receive the second jab.....

If you open the full certificate it states the date you got your second vaccine and so can be calculated when you're "green". So the cert gets issued straight away but is effective from the week (or whatever) after the vaccination date

So the technology looks at the date that the second vaccine was given and then calculates the date that you are 'Green' depending on the vaccine received? Impressive but would have thought it would have been just easier to delay the issuance of the Cert until the time has elapsed. So we now could have people with certs turning up at pubs and restaurants arguing that they have a cert except the computer 'says no' so the poor staff will need to manage it.....

Regulations state that the HSE Vaccination card can be accepted at bars and restaurants as well as the EU Digital Covid cert.

My daughter received her paper certificate ,but her surname is spelt incorrectly by one letter, will this cause any problems?

Back