Delays in rolling out vaccine

Who is we ?
There are quite a number of below-the-line comments from people - far more than on here - who have read and agreed with his sentiments.
Perhaps you should read them as well when you get round to reading the article.
The problem with existing in an echo chamber is that you only hear voices you agree with or like your comments ...

Fine i shouldn't have said we. I stopped listening to him years ago.... better????

If you find this site anti brit, anglophobic or whatever else I suggest you find somewhere else for your own happiness. Nobody should have to read such blatant racism.....

Fine i shouldn't have said we. I stopped listening to him years ago.... better????

If you find this site anti brit, anglophobic or whatever else I suggest you find somewhere else for your own happiness. Nobody should have to read such blatant racism.....

I didn't realise this was a local forum for local people ...
But at least you admitted you couldn't be bothered to read an article on the subject of this discussion before dismissing it.

I didn't realise this was a local forum for local people ...
But at least you admitted you couldn't be bothered to read an article on the subject of this discussion before dismissing it.

You are just boring now....take offense all you like. I'm out.

There is a reason for that , the UK only gather information from their "Yellow Card" system weekly and report monthly.
For example the report up to 28th of February was published on the 11th of March.

Additionally anyone can access this system.

Can you point to a single case of any one of the 11 million people to receive the AZ vaccine in the UK who has suffered a serious reaction ?

Can you point to a single case of any one of the 11 million people to receive the AZ vaccine in the UK who has suffered a serious reaction ?
Well the data is there for you to search.

And that's not what you posted you said , with authority, that there was no report of serious side-effects from the 800k vaccines over 2 days. I gave you the factual reason why that couldn't be known.

Well the data is there for you to search.

And that's not what you posted you said , with authority, that there was no report of serious side-effects from the 800k vaccines over 2 days. I gave you the factual reason why that couldn't be known.

There's no need for me to search any data as it has already been done by the UK's regulators over the past 11 million vaccines and no serious side effects or related deaths have been found.
Unless you suddenly think a dodgy batch has landed in the past few days...

There's no need for me to search any data as it has already been done by the UK's regulators over the past 11 million vaccines and no serious side effects or related deaths have been found.
Unless you suddenly think a dodgy batch has landed in the past few days...
Really then why are 39 deaths reported against Astrazeneca in the MHRA report?

Now if " there are no related deaths have been found" why are the MHRA reporting 39 ? It certainly seems your "truth" is wrong.
It's all there in the data, but of course you don't read data.

Really then why are 39 deaths reported against Astrazeneca in the MHRA report?

Now if " there are no related deaths have been found" why are the MHRA reporting 39 ? It certainly seems your "truth" is wrong.
It's all there in the data, but of course you don't read data.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...VID-19_AstraZeneca_Vaccine_Analysis_Print.pdf

By data you mean these publicly acessible MHRA safety reports that confirm types and rates of reactions in line with what was observed in the phase III clinical trial which is why UK and no serious scientific or medical expert there has raised any concern about the AZ vaccine programme.
It's a simple compilation of raw data with no interpretation or statistics (it is literally just adding up totals of received ‘yellow cards’). You're suggesting that this raw data revealed that there was something untoward going on with the safety reports, all I can see is data in line with previously published expectations.
This really is desperate stuff on your part.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...VID-19_AstraZeneca_Vaccine_Analysis_Print.pdf

By data you mean these publicly acessible MHRA safety reports that confirm types and rates of reactions in line with what was observed in the phase III clinical trial which is why UK and no serious scientific or medical expert there has raised any concern about the AZ vaccine programme.
It's a simple compilation of raw data with no interpretation or statistics (it is literally just adding up totals of received ‘yellow cards’). You're suggesting that this raw data revealed that there was something untoward going on with the safety reports, all I can see is data in line with previously published expectations.
This really is desperate stuff on your part.
It reveals that 39 people died which is more than what you said which was no deaths.
It's not difficult to understand 39 is greater than 0

Are you suggesting that the MHRA system of reporting is flawed and those deaths didn't occur.?

Sorry I was incorrect it wasn't 39 its 275 deaths still larger than " no deaths".
14 deep vein thrombosis too.

Last edited:
It reveals that 39 people died which is more than what you said which was no deaths.
It's not difficult to understand 39 is greater than 0

Are you suggesting that the MHRA system of reporting is flawed and those deaths didn't occur.?

Sorry I was incorrect it wasn't 39 its 275 deaths still larger than " no deaths".
14 deep vein thrombosis too.
Yes the 14 cases of thrombosis in the UK as a result of AstraZeneca were also reported in the German media with the comment that the Uk possibly had more than that and were overlooked.
I have pointed further up already to these 14 cases which were ignored...

Yes the 14 cases of thrombosis in the UK as a result of AstraZeneca were also reported in the German media with the comment that the Uk possibly had more than that and were overlooked.
I have pointed further up already to these 14 cases which were ignored...
Their system of reporting is strange but thats the way they are doing it. It would appear that they expect people to log in and self report.

The UK pause vaccines for under 50s because of reduction in supply and the need to give second doses.....well I am shocked. The renowned world leading vaccination expert Dr. Wahaay told me this wouldn't happen.........I am shocked.

The UK has up to 10 million vaccine doses on hand at the moment - there was a 2 week slowdown in supplies but as I reported upthread this has ended.
The UK has a legally-agreed timetable with all the drug companies to ensure continued supplies and it expects all adults to have received their first dose by June without impinging on the timetable for second doses.

Arnold Ganser, a hematologist at Hannover Medical School, says he is treating another patient who developed CVT within days of vaccination. He says that patient appears to be suffering from another condition called atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS). (The patient, a woman older than 60, is not yet counted in the seven cases announced in Germany on Monday.)

The Article is not quite accurate in stating that the UK did not experience issues (the 14 cases mentioned) - other wise quite good of a summary.
The most likely course of action is that vaccination with AstraZeneca will resume - but perhaps targeting only older people.
Also more people will decline to get vaccinated with AstraZeneca.

CureVac will likely be available from May or June onwards.
I think my vaccines of choice will be CureVac and secondly Pfizer.

Do you constantly have to resort to these type of comments. So tired of the half dozen or so posters who are constantly making their smart alec remarks and belittling other posters. AAM is not a nice place any more because of it.

Sunny says....."The UK pause vaccines for under 50s because of reduction in supply and the need to give second doses.....well I am shocked. The renowned world leading vaccination expert Dr. Wahaay told me this wouldn't happen.........I am shocked."

Do you constantly have to resort to these type of comments. So tired of the half dozen or so posters who are constantly making their smart alec remarks and belittling other posters. AAM is not a nice place any more because of it.

Sunny says....."The UK pause vaccines for under 50s because of reduction in supply and the need to give second doses.....well I am shocked. The renowned world leading vaccination expert Dr. Wahaay told me this wouldn't happen.........I am shocked."

Hey, not belittling anyone but if someone spends weeks stating opinion as fact despite being constantly called out on it. And if they continuously engage in attempts to shape these discussions and accuse people of anglophpbia and being anti brit and other nonsense. And if they call other posters opinions idiotic, then I am not going to apologise for that post. People get the respect here they deserve. If waahay wants to take offense, that it is up them. He has already accused me of being anti brit despite not knowing anything about me or my English wife and half English kids....So I really couldn't care less.

Just spare me the UK great, EU overlords bad rubbish. I don't read the daily mail for a reason.

Just spare me the UK great, EU overlords bad rubbish. I don't read the daily mail for a reason.
They were first out of the blocks with the headline that van de Leyen was the cause of the UK not getting supply in April until of course the real issue came to light which is India.

Reactions: Leo

As many would have thought the EMA has said the AZ vaccine is safe but it will keep eyes on any further unusual side-effects.
Let's rock on HSE
The ultimate decision will be with the different countries. I believe most will resume the program - some might pause longer (Norway possibly).

Back