Dating Websites - Do people really meet their match on them?

Thats what most people say while fallin about the place laughin "not funny ahahah...poor guy...hahaa...shouldnt be laughin but..hehhe"!!!!

Yeh he was on a bucket load of stuff..didnt always work that well though!

There was another lad..an accountant and im sorry to say totally lived up to their reputation of being boring! In a conversation about the gym he went something like "well..i get there about 5pm and start at level 5 on the treadmill,for 10 mins, then i proceed to go to level 7 at an incline of 2. After that i approximately do 10 mins on the rowing machine....":eek: ZZZZzzzzzz....needless to say there was a few swift vodkas downed to keep me awake! He got paraletic drunk and went from that to kissin the face off me non-stop with no conversation at all, to getting the bus home where he asked "can i come in for a coffee"! I go "i dont have coffee"...to which he replies "well tea then" haha...take the hint love!:D

swordshead - youre a hard hearted woman!!!!

my other funny one involves a guard who took me for a drive in his unmarked car and then told me that because the car was unmarked it couldnt be traced and with that took off up the dublin mountains!!!!

he asked "can i come in for a coffee"! I go "i dont have coffee"...

reminds me of a scene from Seinfeld

Donna: So, er, thanks for dinner. It was great.
George: Yeah. We should do this again.
Donna: Would you like to come upstairs for some coffee?
George: Oh, no, thanks. I can't drink coffee late at night, it keeps me up.
Donna: (Looks disappointed) So, um, OK.
George: OK.
Donna: Goodnight.
George: Yeah, take it easy.

The following day

JERRY: You’re still thinking about this?

GEORGE: She invites me up at twelve o’clock at night, for coffee, and I don’t go up. “No thank you. I don’t want coffee. It keeps me up. Too late for me to drink coffee.” I said this to her. People this stupid shouldn’t be allowed to live. I can’t imagine what she must think of me.

JERRY: She thinks you’re a guy that doesn’t like coffee.

GEORGE: She invited me up. Coffee’s not coffee, coffee is sex.

ELAINE: Maybe coffee was coffee.

GEORGE: Coffee’s coffee in the morning. It’s not coffee at twelve o’clock at night.

Ha ha brilliant...:D Sounds so similar...im glad i didnt have to go through an entire list of beverages with him..." er...no tea, or milk or water for that matter....jeeesus see ya later"!!!

if coffee is sex, then maybe tea means something less , which he was prepared to settle for. I've heard that many Irish catholic girls are only prepared to offer tea after a first date.

I think I may have told this already on AAM (not sure tho...)

Christmas eve midnight mass many years ago. I decided I was gona wear my sisters new boots for going down to mass. I was georgous that night now i might add (bit of self bumping up there).. one of the church members asked me to help out with the collections so I mossied on up the front, my boots could be heard down the village all everyone could hear was the click click click everytime I walked and I instantly regretted wearing the boots. Sat in my seat, watching whats going on around me instead of praying. The usual, spotting talent and the collection time came around...

I got up, picked up my basket (pure holey jolie I am) and did the collected on tip toes. As I finished collected I walked back up the middle isle (still on tip toes) and i FELL... the money went everywhere. My fat This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language landed with a thump and I didnt know whether to laugh or cry. I swear to god my face went from a pink to a red to a deep deep purple in seconds. I calmly got up picked up every penny (NO ONE HELPED ME). I took the money and my sore This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language into the sarcastry and I opened the side door and let myself out.my face burned for days after that.

I've been waiting until i became a frequent poster so i could tell you my story....

Decided about a year after coming out of an 8 year relationship to try one of these sites, nothing to loose and you never know..!!!

Was on the site about 2 weeks, yea there are some strange people out there but I was lucky to be contacted by a great guy.
After talking through email and on the phone for a week we decided to meet...
That was april of last year, i moved in with him in feb this year and i've never been so happy in a relationship...we've had the marriage, kids and buying a house talk, this time its for keeps..... (she says with fingers crossed)

Back