Criminal charge for using foil bag for stealing.

Re: Charge for using foil bag for stealing.

Well, you learn something new every day.

Joddyy best advice I can give is a change of career. This foil bag one isn't very successful for you.

Can I just ask why on earth you were testing the system?

Plenty of people are lone parents and have no jobs, but they don't take up this rubbish and waste everyone's time.

On another note, I also think you would be better served to stick your hand up and own up, mea culpa, I made a stupid mistake instead of trying to fob things off. You stole from a shop, you were caught, stop bleating on about lone parent, no job, testing the system. Tell the truth and shame the devil. I agree it is better for you that you were caught now, rather than get into serious trouble later.

Someone rang into Joe Duffy last week complaining that Tesco were putting security tags on "high end items" such as streaky rashers and black puddings! Tesco said they were doing it as a "test" to see what data came back. Seriously.

I wrote here just to get answer if anybody know what charge can I get. But stop blaming me.I know that I did very bad bad thing and Im really sorry for it. I accept that I get what I deserve.

The best thing is to hire a solicitor, you may be entitled to legal aid, if you decide not to do that, you should go down to court on the day and be very contrite. The fact that you have no previous convictions and are a single mother probably mean you will get a second chance. You are not likely to be jailed.

Another option would be for you to dress nicely, go to the store, meet the manager explain your circumstances and apologise profusely. You might be lucky and they will drop the charges.

Do not bury your head in the sand and do nothing.

Free legal aid!!...So all law abiding people get to pay for your mistakes and dishonesty. No doubt you were planning to do it again if you got away with it and probably tell your mates. I say xmas in Jail would make you think again before breaking law.

Does anyone else think this is a wind-up?

I think these are desperate times and you never know what people may do. The OP knows she has done wrong and has apologised for doing so.

It is interesting how everyone wants to through the book at someone for a minor crime.

No - I think its someone who tried to get away with stealing trying to find out how they can escape the legal consequences and pretending they just did it for a laugh because it looks worse to admit they did it for real.

It is interesting how everyone wants to through the book at someone for a minor crime.

So what do we do - ignore all minor crimes in the country? Multiply 1 minor crime by 1000 = Job Losses / Revenue Losses.....

These so called minor crimes have a huge negative impact on the economy - Insurance Costs for example!

So what do we do - ignore all minor crimes in the country? Multiply 1 minor crime by 1000 = Job Losses / Revenue Losses.....

These so called minor crimes have a huge negative impact on the economy - Insurance Costs for example!

I think Bronte is probably commenting that the outrage against the OP seems to be dispropotionate compared to the rage against those who actually have caused the most damage to this country by their actions.

Where is the perception that people are NOT outraged at the government/bankers/builders coming from exactly?

Where is the perception that people are NOT outraged at the government/bankers/builders coming from exactly?
The fact that the current regime are still in power.

Most societies would have ousted them by now, and replaced Irish 'democracy' with something that works for the good of the country.

Well, the fact that, for example, a No to NAMA facebook group has 2% of the number of people than one about the recent Irish-French match suggests where people's priorities list. Or the fact that a march against it got only 500 people.

Panem et circenses.

I was with delgirl and her post re a windup too, but if not, I agree with the other posters, but make sure you get a GOOD solicitor, reading your post would lead me to believe you are not from this country, and your punishment would end up depending on the Judge and his humour.

Someone rang into Joe Duffy last week complaining that Tesco were putting security tags on "high end items" such as streaky rashers and black puddings! Tesco said they were doing it as a "test" to see what data came back. Seriously.

A friend of mine is putting RF ID tags on buffalo mozzarella cheese. Apparently during a recession, people won't compromise their living standards! Instead, they'll steal it.

Hocks of ham too I believe....

Strange, but true.

Back