Criminal charge for using foil bag for stealing.

J

Joddyy

Does anybody know what charge can be for using foil bag for stealing.I red about it in internet and decide to try it just first time.Never had any charge before.So I been catched with security,then Garada came to the shop.I will pay penalty for the shop and Garda told me that they will send me the court invitation. Im just wondering what charge can I get? The Garda told if I only been without that foil bag they only warn me but because I had a foil bag( very unprofessional) so it is serious and they will send me to the court. And also they told that if they only want they could arrest me but they didnt and said me to wait for caourt letter.
Im very upset now,didnt even think all that so serious.I did it just for fun one time and been catched. Im lone parent and have no job.So can the court swnd me to the jail?
Thanks for your help and advices!

Re: Charge for using foil bag for stealing.

Did it for fun yeah! and if you got away with it would you have tried again perhaps? No - oh that makes it ok then doesn't it......

Poor you! (NOT). What a waster.
As a matter of interest can anyone explain to me what exactly he/she did with a foil bag? (or do I really need to know?!! probably not).

Seriously did it just to see how it works.Of course,never going to do this again.Im very very embarrass now.

Seriously did it just to see how it works.Of course,never going to do this again.Im very very embarrass now.

Do you normally try out illegal activities just to see if they work?

What if it had worked? What would have happened then? Would you have tried it again 'just to see if it worked a second time?'.

Please - you are getting what you deserve.

I wrote here just to get answer if anybody know what charge can I get. But stop blaming me.I know that I did very bad bad thing and Im really sorry for it. I accept that I get what I deserve.

I wrote here just to get answer if anybody know what charge can I get.

See the link I posted for an indication. However it will depend on many factors, including your previous convictions, if any. You need to engage a solicitor.

But stop blaming me.

Who should be blamed then? No one forced you to do it. You made a choice, now you must take responsibility for your actions.

I know that I did very bad bad thing and Im really sorry for it. I accept that I get what I deserve.

Would you be really sorry for it if you hadnt been caught though? From your first post it seems like you considered it a bit of fun - until you were caught.

I dont have any convictions before.

they will hardly jail you this time. You need a non-criminal career as you don't have any aptitude for crime, a 100% failure rate.

Avoid criminal activity or rightly pay the price.

Steiner,thanks for the normal answer and not blaming. Of course,I will never to do it again.Do not want to be again so embarrass....

Hopefully you will be subjected to the full force of the law

"did it for fun" - give me a break

People are outraged at this thread, and rightly so considering such action puts jobs and business at risk.

Why aren't people more outraged at the billions the government are planning on taking from us? The government aren't even embarrassed.

People are outraged at this thread, and rightly so considering such action puts jobs and business at risk.

Why aren't people more outraged at the billions the government are planning on taking from us? The government aren't even embarrassed.
Agree completely. We should be up in arms, but we're not. The difference of course is that you won't find any forces of law prepared to take on the government, or prepared to support people who try to take on the government. It's the same situation as exists where the wrongdoings of the Church are concerned. We know that at least some people in authority in the Catholic church actually broke the law ... but will the justice system hold them accountable? Unlikely.

Section 15 Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud offences) Act 2001

15.—(1) A person who is, when not at his or her place of residence, in possession of any article with the intention that it be used in the course of or in connection with—
(a) theft or burglary,

is guilty of an offence

(5) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on conviction on indictment to a fine or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or both.

Get a solicitor, that's the most important thing. You are unlikely to receive a custodial sentence for a first offence of this nature but you need to get proper legal advice.
Maybe you were lucky to be caught,you know it was wrong and now you see the trouble and worry it is causing you but apart from being sorry which you seem to be ,you must now seek the best advise and that you will get from a solicitor used to dealing with this.
See this link; http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/legal-aid-and-advice/criminal-legal-aid

Back