Cape Verde

Ah,so people who dont think listening to property shills trying to flog dead-duck destinations are "begrudgers" now?
I bet you dont own anything in CV yourself,your job is to sucker other people into parting with thier money(which they'll never see again).
I hope the recession and threads like this put people like you out of business forever.

At least his username ( spin ) is appropriate.

For me a lot of the reasons not to buy (leaving hysteria and worldewide recession aside for a sec, if possible) is all down to accessability.
My motto for overseas investments, for what its worth (note: investment, not holiday-home), is 'buy small and buy central'.

i.e. if I have 200k to spend, I find the most rentable/top condition place I can, as central to the city center as possible.

Birmingham to Cape Verde is a 5hr 45min flight. I've never met anyone who's been on holiday there. Therefore I see too much risk in both the rental and resale market. I'm risk averse, yes its simple logic, but its enought to cross CV off my list.

I could be in Cape Cod just as quickly as Cape Verde

Discussion of specific developments and specific developers now banned

This forum (overseas property investment) has become extremely time consuming for the moderators.

We are inundated with threats of defamation and PMs about different issues.

The moderators have to waste a huge amount of time from developers promoting their own properties and defaming others.

We had considered closing it, but we will first try new posting guidelines.

1) The forum is to be used only to discuss the general principles of overseas investing.

2) It is not to be used to discuss particular developments

3) It is not to be used to discuss particular developers

Where I have been able to do some personal research on developers such as MRI, I will leave those posts. Otherwise all discussions of developers and developments will be removed.

If someone wants to set up a new website to discuss developments, then we will provide a link to that website.

Brendan

Cape Verde firm facing a wind-up petition

AN Irish company that's behind the development of a €2.2bn seven-star resort in Cape Verde is being threatened with a winding up petition from one of its creditors.

The Irish office of recruitment giant Hays yesterday confirmed its winding up petition against Flash Developments is listed to be heard by the High Court on March 22.

Not for discussion, but purely FYI...

New tourist complex is born on the island of Boavista
Mar 22, 2010
[broken link removed]

Hi Guys

I am.thinking of investing in a property in Cape Verde

Any helpful advice and tips would be appreciated..

Many thanks

I am.thinking of investing in a property in Cape Verde
Note this is a very old thread.

Without any direct flights from Ireland, what makes you want to invest there rather than other locations with much better transport links?

Back