Cape Verde

Cape Verde is certainly over priced especially the new projects - in fact most of them are new. This country hardly produces anything. Would buy in the Canaries and get similiar weather. It is funny that Eddie has not said anything on Cape Verde as an investment location in recent times.

Cape Verde is certainly over priced especially the new projects - in fact most of them are new. This country hardly produces anything. Would buy in the Canaries and get similiar weather. It is funny that Eddie has not said anything on Cape Verde as an investment location in recent times.

The weather for me (and I think thousands of others, Rosinsky !) is one of the biggest factors (although there are many others) that makes Cape Verde have the edge over the Canaries (especially in the months October-February).

Average 19-21c is nice, don't get me wrong - but 25-28c enables people to engage in swimming, surfing, etc all year round. And to sunbathe on what I would consider far superior white sandy beaches.

I think this is why it is being reffered to as the "New Carribean" -only no hurricanes !

[broken link removed] Tenerife

[broken link removed] Cape Verde.

As for the economics of the islands, the fact that the Chinese have cancelled -out their bi-lateral debt, and are investing huge amounts in its infrastructure, tourism, fisheries - and are considering Cape Verde for potential economic zoning to tap into Africa has grabbed my attention for some time now...

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

Further to this is the fact that OPEC and Kuwait are helping to finance considerably large infrastructure developments...

[broken link removed]

On a completely different matter, something that occured to me recently was that Cape Verde (the drier islands) does not seem to have a problem with mosquitoes - which is a bonus as far as I'm concerned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjV0JpIAH78&feature=related

The weather for me (and I think thousands of others, Rosinsky !) is one of the biggest factors (although there are many others) that makes Cape Verde have the edge over the Canaries (especially in the months October-February).

Average 19-21c is nice, don't get me wrong - but 25-28c enables people to engage in swimming, surfing, etc all year round. And to sunbathe on what I would consider far superior white sandy beaches.

I think this is why it is being reffered to as the "New Carribean" -only no hurricanes !

[broken link removed] Tenerife

[broken link removed] Cape Verde.

Thomsk,

Your post is off topic as it does not address CV as a property investment location. In future posts such as this will be removed to the holidays section as they add nothing to the discussion in the overseas property investment folder.

aj

Here's how the weather is going in canaries and CV...
[broken link removed] ( CV )

and
[broken link removed] ( Tenerife )

Only one rainy day in Tenerife- the rest good which would have been ok. CV cloudy on 2 days though - although 5/6 degrees warmer.

OK, so the weather is nicer in CV than in Tenerife. Now, is CV a good place to make a property investment?

Thomsk,

You seem to spend your time here "puffing" Cape Verde! Do you have an interest in overseas property or related goods and services that we should know about?

aj

on his home page, Ciaran's dad even gives God a lower case "g", presumably to highlight the fact that Ciaran is significantly more important than God.

You could go to the canary islands for €120 including accomodation, flights, bags, taxes etc. etc. during the week. You would be lucky to get the Ireland-Stansted leg of your Cape Verde trip for that.

Hi All,

here we go folks... as the first phase villa verde comes to completions let me be the first to ask a few questions. Hows is everyone feeling at the moment with their purchase, which regards to final payments, mortgages, rental lease backs, high cost of furniture fitout packages with goverment tax I think 70%, indepentent snaggging costs. Any other surprise costs coming to light in recent weeks. Is there anyone thinking of not going ahead with the purchase and cutting their losses?

I have purchased myself and am just interested to see how everyone else is getting on, any shared infomation would be great. I'm not looking to start a string of comments about why did you buy? told you so's etc. Im only looking to share information with other buyers

Regards and thank you.

The bloke is a shill pure and simple.
Apart from his initiall post about "thinking" of investing in CV,everything else has been attempting to tell people why its such a good spot.
He obviously has a comercial interest of some sort in this location (probably an agent) and is talking complete rubbish in order to provoke interest.

Hi Everybody,
I spent Christmas in Cape Verde and got return flights from Birmingham for £198 per person to include luggage and an in flight meal. For two weeks we enjoyed 24/25 degrees in a complete stress free environment. We completed the sale of our 2 bed apartment purchased in 2006 which came fully furnished and ready for occupation.
We had lunch on the Beach on Christmas Day and our Dinner which consisted of Turkey etc) outside. The beaches are stunning.
Plenty of restaurants, fabolous beaches and yes Carlos and Thomsk you are right an extra hour on a plane was well worth it for the 2 weeks of glorious sunshine we enjoyed.
Wat a shock to come back to minus 3.5. We also met Dave & Trisha who featured in the Sun and who are enjoying themselves immensly.
If your buying its important to get a good Local Lawyer. Taxes on purchase was 6%.
Lots of building going on and yes you can get a mortgage in Cape Verde.
Would definitely consider moving there as it beats the stress and recession/depression of living in this cold wet country.
Spin

Hi Everybody,
I spent Christmas in Cape Verde and got return flights from Birmingham for £198 per person to include luggage and an in flight meal. For two weeks we enjoyed 24/25 degrees in a complete stress free environment. We completed the sale of our 2 bed apartment purchased in 2006 which came fully furnished and ready for occupation.
We had lunch on the Beach on Christmas Day and our Dinner which consisted of Turkey etc) outside. The beaches are stunning.
Plenty of restaurants, fabolous beaches and yes Carlos and Thomsk you are right an extra hour on a plane was well worth it for the 2 weeks of glorious sunshine we enjoyed.
Wat a shock to come back to minus 3.5. We also met Dave & Trisha who featured in the Sun and who are enjoying themselves immensly.
If your buying its important to get a good Local Lawyer. Taxes on purchase was 6%.
Lots of building going on and yes you can get a mortgage in Cape Verde.
Would definitely consider moving there as it beats the stress and recession/depression of living in this cold wet country.
Spin

Hi All,
I am a mortgage broker here in Ireland and can put you in touch with a Mortgage Broker in Portugal to arrange your mortgage. ....

if anyone interested PM me.........
Spin

Spin,

You seem to spend your time in the overseas property folder "spinning" Cape Verde and Portugal!.....And you appear to have an interest in overseas property or related goods and services.

Please abide by the posting guidelines and keep this thread to discuss CV as a property investment location. You can discuss how lovely CV is in the holidays forum.

aj

Spin

Why don't you - can't see you being overworked at the min?

Cape Verde is recession proof folks - quick quick...to the airport

Spin

Off you pop then.
Send us a postcard if they have a postal system.

aj,
What a load of crap, get your facts right and check my posts and no I dont spend my time in the overseas folder and I am entitled to have an interest in overseas property as I own property overseas and for all you begrudgers yes they all are good investments. including Cape Verde. Regarding my post in putting someone in touch with a mortgage broker in Portugal this was in reply to people who were going to lose a large sum of money and I was trying to help them. I thought that is what this site is all about, but obviously not by some of the smart alecs posting. Dont bother replying as I wont be wasting my time reading it or posting h again.
As for Cancan & Wexford Guy - ye could both do with a bit of sunshine to brighten up your begrudging negative attitudes, no wonder we have a recession with the likes of you guys around so cheer up and follow the Sun and I wouldent waste a postage stamp on you.:)
For those genuine members interested in Cape Verde log on to the capeverde24.com website which is far more helpful than this and the moderator doesen't keep interfering with smart incorrect comments.
Over and out for good.
Adios
Spin
Spin,

You seem to spend your time in the overseas property folder "spinning" Cape Verde and Portugal!.....And you appear to have an interest in overseas property or related goods and services.

Please abide by the posting guidelines and keep this thread to discuss CV as a property investment location. You can discuss how lovely CV is in the holidays forum.

aj

I agree with bornagain, Cape Verde is not a good idea and the thread should be closed. C

Ever since i spent just over 50thousand euro in cape verde ive been very very worried did i do the right thing. Last feb 08 my friend bought well over that in shares in a certain bank. last night he rang me and said at least i have a apartment in the sun i can go to. He thinks his shares are now worthless, at least i still have something i can go to and enjoy for a week or two..(and yes i did buy it to try and make a few euro). I think the point im trying to make and this is for all the people like me who have property on cape verde is all is not lost yet.

aj,

As for Cancan & Wexford Guy - ye could both do with a bit of sunshine to brighten up your begrudging negative attitudes, no wonder we have a recession with the likes of you guys around so cheer up and follow the Sun and I wouldent waste a postage stamp on you.:)
Adios
Spin

I personally know 3 people who have gotten well burnt by cape verde property.
I am not begrudging, or being negative. Just realistic.

No wonder we have people up to their eyeballs in debt, who were sold a dream, which turned into a nightmare.

You can extole the virtues of CV all you want.
You can tell me how nice the weather is there and what a lovely place it may be. I will not disagree.
But if you come on trying to spin property there in the hopes of finding a few more suckers, I will disagree.

aj,
What a load of crap, get your facts right and check my posts and no I dont spend my time in the overseas folder and I am entitled to have an interest in overseas property as I own property overseas and for all you begrudgers yes they all are good investments. including Cape Verde. Regarding my post in putting someone in touch with a mortgage broker in Portugal this was in reply to people who were going to lose a large sum of money and I was trying to help them. I thought that is what this site is all about, but obviously not by some of the smart alecs posting. Dont bother replying as I wont be wasting my time reading it or posting h again.
For those genuine members interested in Cape Verde log on to the capeverde24.com website which is far more helpful than this and the moderator doesen't keep interfering with smart incorrect comments.
Over and out for good.
Adios
Spin

Ah,so people who dont think listening to property shills trying to flog dead-duck destinations are "begrudgers" now?
I bet you dont own anything in CV yourself,your job is to sucker other people into parting with thier money(which they'll never see again).
I hope the recession and threads like this put people like you out of business forever.

Back