Cape Verde

Status
Not open for further replies.
my brother just came back from a week there. he stayed in a 5 star hotel and the package was all inclusive. here are some of his comments..

it is cheap relative to other long-haul destinations. the beaches were fantastic and great weather is virtually guaranted.

the accomomdation was pretty basic (especially for a five star hotel) and the food was quite disappointing.

the place is barren and there is nothing to do outside of the hotel. there were no shops or other facilities outside the hotel to speak of so you spend all your time around hotel (kind of like dubai in this sense but you also wonder what all those appartment dewellers are going to do to amuse themselves).

in sum, cheap(ish) and cheerful. they got guaranteed winter sun and the kids enjoyed themselves, but cape verde has a lot of work to do if it wants to become a luxury destination.

I have one in block b , paying 115000 euro for it ,how much for your one..... ? heading out the end of jan to check it out

I am looking at a very similar deal - who are you travelling out with?

Sunday Times interview with Liz o Kane presenter of Househunters in the sun. She revealed she purchased a 2 bed apartment in Cape Verde while she was out there on location. She says that it is her no 1 reccommendation as a holiday hotspot for the future, and she has seen a few.

her no.1 recommendation after buying there? at least she had the decency to disclose her conflict of interest before plugging the place.

Sunday Times interview with Liz o Kane presenter of Househunters in the sun. She revealed she purchased a 2 bed apartment in Cape Verde while she was out there on location. She says that it is her no 1 reccommendation as a holiday hotspot for the future, and she has seen a few.

A ringing endorsement, or self-validation, you decide. :D

She irritates me that much that it's easily the best reason I can think of to avoid Cape Verde like the plague. :D

Whether L O'K rates CV as her perfect holiday destination is irrelevant in the context of this board, in my view. We concern ourselves with investment and investment potential, not how a programme that is generally rated as a puff-piece for homes in the sun presents a particular destination.

Frankly, the opinions of anyone associated with that particular piece of television would not influence my investment strategy, anywhere.

Yeah but there are a lot of sheep out there. What percentage of people ever heard of Cape Verde before Eddie Hobbs.
Its shameful endorsement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back