Cape Verde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Winter was like this on the Black Sea coast. I wouldn't say that the waves turn to slush puppies every year but you're never going to get your swimming trunks on from October to April. A month either side of these months and the little-lad will probably survive a dip but he won't thank you for it!

De-salinised water cannot be used on Golf courses, but water from waste eg baths, toilets washers etc, can easily be used by cheap treatments,example reed beds.

Bah.

"The new Spain."

Are they trying to put people off? :)

So what about the desalination by products (i.e. SALT) carlos? I'm aware of the potential uses of waste water. I would not consider reed beds a cheap treatment for toilet water, btw. Which brings up an important question: what kind of sewage works are in operation in CV?

The Canaries has long used desalinated water and have not much more rainfall than CV. My point on recycled water for golf courses was only meant as one example of how countrys around the world use their amenities to their advantage, this was explained to me by a course superintendant who in conjunction with designers build golf clubs in some desolate places, also i travel to spain turkey and greece regularly, idont even brush my teeth with local water, heck i even filter or buy water in Ireland ,but like all things in life thats my choice, and im not forcing anyone to buy in CV or anywhere else. In fact my appitite to post is waining as some comments are just snide and nasty

Falcon first/choice will stop flying to cv as of 21st of Dec. No more flights from Ireland in near future. Disappointing news but i always thought UK flights would be favoured by the operaters

local firm are now advertising cv and part of the add reads that ,canaries, azores and madeira automatically became part of the eu when spain/portugal joined and its one of 4 in this group there is every possability that cv will be admitted. far as I can see from a previous post the only country not entitled to membership is north korea.

The right Hooks travel guide, Fionn Davenport ,is in CV this week . His report (bad or good) will be broadcast next Tuesday on Newstalk 106 after 6pm

That should be interesting -maybe an ubiased view of CV, still think with flights through the UK it would have to be an investment rather than a holiday home.

The "big players" mentioned in that article amount to the owners of what appears to be an Irish property development company.

Ernie Els designs golf courses for a fee. Great golfer, but he's hardly on the A-list of course designers.

Not sure about that, Els is teamed up with Woods as both a golf designer and property developer around the growing global golf market. Irish Times reports Nikki Beach involvement. These are not small players and are global resort investors so looks like Cape Verde is coming on the map. Must be good news for initial investors I would have thought even if it confounds the understandable criticism of such a green field and largely unknown destination.

Tiger would not be considered an A-list designer either. Where have you seen his name mentioned in connection with CV?

Sunday Times travel section yesterday said that Thompson Holidays were 'very excited' about CV and had brought forward plans to start in February in order to catch some of the winter holidaymakers. prices seemed very reasonable for flights and hotels

The Sunday Times also said that their travel writers were split on Cape Verde as a destination. CV was mentioned along with number of other locations as a destination for cheap(ish) sun holidays during the winter. The article also pointed out that deals were to be had on trips to CV as at least one of the major UK tour operators had not been able to shift all-in holidays to CV as punter were, for the moment at least, wary of going there.

The right Hooks travel guide, Fionn Davenport ,is in CV this week . His report (bad or good) will be broadcast next Tuesday on Newstalk 106 after 6pm
JUST A REMINDER TO ALL this can also be heard or podcast at, newstalk106.ie click on Right Hook/ travel show
Hope it goes ahead

I dont think it was on. I think i heard them say they would talk about it in a few weeks, Mabe Carlos will let us know??

Sorry your quite right they said that due to people shopping abroad for Christmas they were covering Dubai and New York. CV hopefully over next few weeks

CV was on the 'Overseas Property Show' on TV3 last night. Must admit, it didn't look that great to me, beaches didn't look very nice at all (and this is on a property advertisement), and very windy.

Something which seemed to be glossed over was the amount of time it can take to fly between the islands - up to an hour for one of them?? Thats a long long trip coming from Dublin, and to time those flights, good lord.

None the less, even at the Paddy prices, the property did look like you get a lot of bang for your buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back